SAU Community

Gran Turismo 5 - My Quick Review

Dean_HR31

Well with the Lotus 111R/tuned I up'd the kw as close as I can to the maximum performance points and lowered the weight a wee bit and lowered the height up'd the spring rate and damper + traction control, active steering etc all turned off they slow the car down through corners. Handles like a go kart; it's turning is nuts took me some getting use to! I got silver in the first 630PP race in S-Class. If your fighting for last place you may of bought the standard Lotus 111R not the tuned version by 'Concept By GT' - I did it too haha I got the slow ass standard one and this beast.

f**k!

yeah i bought the standard one because I thougt by tuned you meant tuned before the S class races....now I'll have to do some races over and over again in B class (guaranteed first place) to get enough cash to buy the other lotus!

All I want is the F2007!!!!!!!!1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest trikdoutvl

i played gt5 the other day for the first time, diddnt like it very much theres no skid marks when u do a burnout and theres no damage FFS but i love the steering wheel view f**k... another plus is the fact u can drift

got the f40 race, the 700pp race and the last race in s class to go now....doing 1 of the a class races over and over again to get the cash to buy the f40, then I'll have to work out a way to win the other 2 because it doesn't seem possible in the 111R

The penalties are f**king bullshit. I get rammed by a car and I cop a penalty, while that same car flies past me....

Im very impressed with this game, the sounds are fantastic thru a 5.1 surround system. Maybe u just need to turn it up a a bit or play it thru something quality. If uve seen the making of this game they go to alot of effort to get the sounds etc.

also catching power oversteer is not hard, its just not as easy as your more basic games like nfs, forza, juiced etc

More basic? Forza 2 is ten times harder than GT5, especially with all the assists turned off.

More basic? Forza 2 is ten times harder than GT5, especially with all the assists turned off.

plat gt5 with all assists off and on pro mode and play a race which uses sports tyres and see how easy the game is...

even running R1 in something f430 is not an easy drive

F40 race in S class is IMPOSSIBLE!

the car costs $450,000 and handles like absolute shit even after its been tweaked!

My best is 6th, and with the bullshit penalties for touching a car or getting rear ended I can't see myself getting any better than that

Anyone got any magical settings for the F40? Cause its an absolute heap of shit in the game!

F40 race in S class is IMPOSSIBLE!

the car costs $450,000 and handles like absolute shit even after its been tweaked!

My best is 6th, and with the bullshit penalties for touching a car or getting rear ended I can't see myself getting any better than that

Anyone got any magical settings for the F40? Cause its an absolute heap of shit in the game!

I have been able to get 2nd at best.

i set the gear ratio to between 4.1 and 4.3 (just depends what mood im in lol)

camber i have 2.5 at the front with 0.1 toe,

tweaked the spring rate and damper too but i still find the car handles average but i guess its from the 1980's and is running s3 tyres lol

I have been able to get 2nd at best.

i set the gear ratio to between 4.1 and 4.3 (just depends what mood im in lol)

camber i have 2.5 at the front with 0.1 toe,

tweaked the spring rate and damper too but i still find the car handles average but i guess its from the 1980's and is running s3 tyres lol

more details please..rear camber etc etc etc

I need the F2007...COD4 should be here soon too so I need to win the races before then :P

• 4 weeks later...

So after playing COD4 and not much else for a long time I decided to have another go at the last 3 races in S class on GT5....I'm no closer to winning the F40 race at suzuka, and honestly don't see how its possible! I get penalties when cars run into me and the F40 handles like a boat and doesn't feel all that fast either...

I'm begging anyone who has won this race to give me your exact car set up please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

LOL... Always the same shit, do you guys get out much and hear cars in RL? Cause f**k me but I love quality audio and have a decent setup and GT5 does NOT sound real, 2 cars do... woopeee... and yous still think the skids/screeches sound great? They might aswell be the same f**king sounds from GT1 ffs.... which are pathetic as is. Its all show... its graphics first and only with these guys... nuff said. Graphics and Quantity, over quality.....