SAU Community

Gran Turismo 5 - My Quick Review

Dean_HR31

Got my PS3 yesterday and played GT5 today...still haven't got the HDMI cable so I won't comment on how it looks just yet, playing on a 46" Samsung LCD...

As for the game itself, I know its a demo, but the full version would want to be a MASSIVE step forward as so far its almost exactly the same as GT3 and 4...not doing anything for me just yet...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got 1 race left in the B class races before I can move onto the A class....It's the race where you have to use the integra and pass all 15 cars on 1 lap...best I've got so far is 4th. I don't see how I can get third, I've driven well everytime and the best I can manage is 4th!

Take a 'brave pill' and drive like Schumacher...

PUSH PUSH PUSH! Use every bit of draft u can, took me about three attempts, you can't hit ANY cars or even scrape the wall.... Every tenth counts!

Sweeet! The Lotus 111R tuned absolutely annihilates the competitions in S-Class :/

See, everyone thought exactly what I thought they would.

That I was just bagging GT5 because it was part of Sony, that I mention I hated.

But it's not that, I wouldn't have bought every (legitimate) copy of GT up to part 4 if I didn't have at least a little FAITH in the motherf**king developers. But no, you all thought it would be some super updated, spectacular game.

So there's FINALLY Ferraris, big woop - there not that bloody good, could've easily been impressed if they included many other good if not better manufacturers.

It's STILL missing all the essentials, that should've been included/updated in GT2 ffs, nothing new, sony at it's best again. Updating, and sprucing up the games looks, and NOT TOUCHING the sound - which is shit even for 1997 standards.... hmmm, seems like 2 cars sound like they SHOULD - the Mines R34 and the Ferrari F430. Would love to see the money handed over from Mines and Ferrari to have there authentic sounds put in, lol.

Low-speed physics still absolutely ridiculous and untouched, surprise surprise.

I don't blame anyone for trying to at least make themselves feel a little satisfied with purchasing a PS3 and GT5 only to be mostly disappointed. A couple of good points make up for none hey :banana:

And let me guess, all those with a PS3+GT5P will be waiting for GT6, expecting alot of fixes/updates/improvements, let me save you the heartache and may I recommend selling your PS3's while you can still get "MOST" of your money back? :banana:

If you want the ultimate racing experience, you need a good PC, a good steering wheel + pedals, and you need something like rFactor, GTL, GPL, GTR2, LFS etc.

You can manage all these with like half the budget you'd need to get a bare PS3.... and all shit on anything available on a PS3. Even Xbox 360 and Forza 2 put PS3 and anything it had attempting to be a simulator to shame, and that's saying something for a console (that's pretty much a pc in a small box anyway).

Love to say, I told ya so.

I laugh at the comments saying GT5's sound is improved.... you guys are trippin' sell me what your smokin.

See, everyone thought exactly what I thought they would.

That I was just bagging GT5 because it was part of Sony, that I mention I hated.

But it's not that, I wouldn't have bought every (legitimate) copy of GT up to part 4 if I didn't have at least a little FAITH in the motherf**king developers. But no, you all thought it would be some super updated, spectacular game.

So there's FINALLY Ferraris, big woop - there not that bloody good, could've easily been impressed if they included many other good if not better manufacturers.

It's STILL missing all the essentials, that should've been included/updated in GT2 ffs, nothing new, sony at it's best again. Updating, and sprucing up the games looks, and NOT TOUCHING the sound - which is shit even for 1997 standards.... hmmm, seems like 2 cars sound like they SHOULD - the Mines R34 and the Ferrari F430. Would love to see the money handed over from Mines and Ferrari to have there authentic sounds put in, lol.

Low-speed physics still absolutely ridiculous and untouched, surprise surprise.

I don't blame anyone for trying to at least make themselves feel a little satisfied with purchasing a PS3 and GT5 only to be mostly disappointed. A couple of good points make up for none hey :)

And let me guess, all those with a PS3+GT5P will be waiting for GT6, expecting alot of fixes/updates/improvements, let me save you the heartache and may I recommend selling your PS3's while you can still get "MOST" of your money back? :blink:

If you want the ultimate racing experience, you need a good PC, a good steering wheel + pedals, and you need something like rFactor, GTL, GPL, GTR2, LFS etc.

You can manage all these with like half the budget you'd need to get a bare PS3.... and all shit on anything available on a PS3. Even Xbox 360 and Forza 2 put PS3 and anything it had attempting to be a simulator to shame, and that's saying something for a console (that's pretty much a pc in a small box anyway).

Love to say, I told ya so.

I laugh at the comments saying GT5's sound is improved.... you guys are trippin' sell me what your smokin.

Wow, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning......

Thats because Kaniva knows what he is talking about!!

He's not a dork who is impressed by a car game just because of its excelent graphics.

Im going to continue this review of the game once i recieve the G25 steering wheel. i bought it off ebay 4 days ago, so should have it today or tomoro. Cannot wait.

Just remember guys its a preview of whats to come I know there are alot of arguments about everyone paying a premium for a glorified demo etc, But id be surprised if Polyphony ignored constructive comments regarding their game. The prologue series in my eyes serves as 2 purposes. 1 to give GT fans a taste of the up and coming new installment in the series as quite honestly it takes them forever in releasing new installments and also to gain feedback on what needs to be improved on. I am looking forward to the full game and if they can iron out these bugs and complaints within the game i can see it being a difinitive racing game to own.

I've got 1 race left in the B class races before I can move onto the A class....It's the race where you have to use the integra and pass all 15 cars on 1 lap...best I've got so far is 4th. I don't see how I can get third, I've driven well everytime and the best I can manage is 4th!

hahhaha i am in the same boat!!

i think the game is preety good! but i find the R35 GTR abit hard to control.. it seems to power slide alot = a massive loss of speed

wait for the full version comes out... when you can TUNE the car the exhaust note will be 10 times better

wow kaniva maybe you should chill out a little your ripping into everyone for no real reason. fair enough that there are better games and forza does have better sounds and a computer would be better but did you really have to say it like your a stuck up know it all. your probably a nice guy but after reading that you sound a bit like an arse.

anyway with your points you stated i do agree anyway. i was considering a x box 360 but changed my mind im getting a ps3 for a good price from someone, so i cant wait to get it and play some GTA 4.

Passed that race now AP, started on S class and taken a few golds already :down:

I do agree with the criticism though...I played it for the first time in HD today, full HD on a 46" LCD...looks very nice, crisp etc...but the sounds still lacking, and the full version better have a lot of additions...damage, tire marks etc all need to be in a game thats supposed to be a simulator.

Sweeet! The Lotus 111R tuned absolutely annihilates the competitions in S-Class :P

wanna post your tuning settings for it?

coz i just bought it after not being able to get better than 7th in the first even (630pp) in a ferrari f430, and now I'm fighting for last place in the lotus...

hahhaha i am in the same boat!!

i think the game is preety good! but i find the R35 GTR abit hard to control.. it seems to power slide alot = a massive loss of speed

wait for the full version comes out... when you can TUNE the car the exhaust note will be 10 times better

R35 a bit hard to control?? try drive the RWD races in A class , like the Rx7 with no assists on and no traction control, It power oversteers/powerslides at almost every corner if your not spot on with your entry/exit. its great fun tho, i think im pretty close to mastering it. I find having some of the assists on actually slows me down. the hardest race in my opinion so far was the Ferrari F430 race in A class with street tyres, man that was insanly hard, but got it eventually. now ive finally bought the Mines R34, and starting to Attack the S class races. but have to wait a while to play as im in Newcaslte doin some work for 2 long ass weeks! anyone else doin the A class races?? Post up your progress!

wanna post your tuning settings for it?

coz i just bought it after not being able to get better than 7th in the first even (630pp) in a ferrari f430, and now I'm fighting for last place in the lotus...

Well with the Lotus 111R/tuned I up'd the kw as close as I can to the maximum performance points and lowered the weight a wee bit and lowered the height up'd the spring rate and damper + traction control, active steering etc all turned off they slow the car down through corners. Handles like a go kart; it's turning is nuts took me some getting use to! I got silver in the first 630PP race in S-Class. If your fighting for last place you may of bought the standard Lotus 111R not the tuned version by 'Concept By GT' - I did it too haha I got the slow ass standard one and this beast.

Edited by typevu

Hang on hang on, tuning & modding cars on prologue??? What going on?? what version are u guys playing??????

We're Playing a "special" version... :(

Nah to unlock the tuning option, as well as S-Class, you need to complete Class A,B and C...