SAU Community

98 Stagea Rs Four S

foo

Hi guys, i was wondering if $21000 is an ok price for a s2 RS Four S DAYZ manual (Nov98). Color is black. Engine is stock except for what looks like a 3" mandrel cat-back (unsure of zorst manufacturer). Wheels are standard.

Any help or comments would be appreciated. Cheers

-- Foo

Hi guys, i was wondering if $21000 is an ok price for a s2 RS Four S DAYZ manual (Nov98). Color is black. Engine is stock except for what looks like a 3" mandrel cat-back (unsure of zorst manufacturer). Wheels are standard.

Any help or comments would be appreciated. Cheers

-- Foo

that would b the high end for a stag but s2 blak manny and dayz r fairly rare!

Kms??

Does sound expensive, unless it's in remarkably good condition (or hiding a RB26 under the bonnet!:thumbsup: )

60,000 Kms, but who knows how real that is. The car itself is tidy and in very good condition both inside and out. Standard rb25det neo under the bonnet, so no twin turbo there unfortunately. Interior is cloth and there're dual sunroofs. No obvious mechanical problems and the engine bay is clean with no oil build up in unwanted places.

How much do people reckon this particular stagea is worth? What do you guys think would be a good price?

Thanks for your help

-- Foo

i wouldnt believe the speedo the stags can still look in pristine condition at 120 thousand mine was and i recon that most cars from dealers are wound back ive proved it on a couple

Yeah: mine has a genuine 146000km, but could pass for 80-90k, compared to others I've seen....

As far as price: no leather, but black, man with roofs: I'd push for 18k, and settle for $19k if it were me...

Yeah: mine has a genuine 146000km, but could pass for 80-90k, compared to others I've seen....

As far as price: no leather, but black, man with roofs: I'd push for 18k, and settle for $19k if it were me...

There is no reason to doubt the km's unless you are a doubter, and there are lots of those on this site.

Most of the cars, (but certainly not all) don't get to do anywhere near the km's we do here.

An awful lot of cars sit in garages most of their life. 60,000 is actually fairly average for the model, and year.

A black S2 manual, will always command a high price. At action they tend to sell at about $8,000 - $10,000 on average.

One sold this month for US$13,400.... but it only had 17,000kms and was rated 4A... which is pretty exceptional. You would expect this to be like a new car. Hence the high price.

If you bought one for $11,000 in Japan it is going to cost you about $20,000 on the road.

It will hold it's price, but obviously if you get for less, then good for you.

Any Stagea that is in VGC, and is different will always get more money.

BTW you will never get leather in an original manual car, it wasn't an option.

They have there own cloth, unique to the RS4S. It is very similar to the RS260 interior, but not the same.

a doubter i may be but in the 12 months of research into stags before i purchaced mine i found the klms on auction cars to be not much under here around 20 to 25 thousand a year.one or 2 will come up with under 80 thousand klm but most were 100 to 130 thousand klm.looked at a few cars that ended up here for sale in dealers and the speedo had definatley been fiddled. and if you look hard in the yards here in aus you may find a car with over 100,000 klm on it .its not only the stageas but most of the imports.if you dont believe it do the same research on the auction sites in japan. just my 2 cents

black manual s2 in really good nick going on todays prices(ass has fallen out of the market) i'd be trying to get it for $15, and as for low mileage totally ignore it,(anyone can buy a device that rewinds speedo's) go on overall condition and service books(rare)

Well in todays auction (13600 cars total) of 3020 cars, of all those (not just Nissan's) from 1998 - 2000, 836 of them were under 60.000kms.

So the percentage is much higher than here. Of course they could have ALL had there ECU's tapped..... doubt it though.

If you don't want to trust the auction system, then keep buying from the low grade cars that appear in your mail box each day. Mostly these have already been through the auction, or the dealer wont send them to auction because they know that they won't get much for them.

Me, I'll trust the guys I know, and a brilliant system that makes ours look like rubbish.

As far as the S2 manuals go though. It all depends on the condition, see if you can find the auction sheet, (ASK for it). Most dealers won't let you see it, cos then the sale price can be found out, and therefore their profit.

All I can say Mike is that if you couldn't find any with less than 20-25k per year, you were looking in the wrong place.

Just FYI, out of 8 Stagea's (1998 - 2000) in the auction, 8 were under 76,000kms and 5 of those you could import into Aus, the lowest a 1998 with 41k . That's only on average 5- 10,000km per year. Which is more the norm for Japan. Just a snapshot of one day and one model.