SAU Community

Stolen R32 Skyline

AC00LY

My mates R32 Gtst skyline was stolen friday the 4/4/08 between the hours of 8 30 and 10pm from the pacific fair movie car park! Midnight purple in colour,blitz rims, number plate is 497 IUI

If anyone has any information regarding this matter could you contact Him on 0422 649 560

post-25780-1207447935_thumb.jpg

post-25780-1207447959_thumb.jpg

that really sux man, did the car have an alarm/ steering lock or any form of security measures?

na nothing, he was putting an alarm in in the next couple of weeks, bad luck hay.

Sorry to hear the car was stolen.

I just got an R33 on Saturday and was headed to Pac Fair today myself today. Have definitely re-thought that as I dont have an immobiliser yet. Be taking my other car now!

Will keep a look out for it.

Three r32's got broken into the night before. All unsuccessful... But poor matty lost his no insurance either silly bugger! He should of put in the immobiliser instead of buying that stereo!

wow three broken into the night before, you think three unsuccessful attempts would cause them to go for something else.

did it have a full tank of fuel? that always worries me about my car it's almost always full so they can get pretty far away before it will run out of juice.

wow three broken into the night before, you think three unsuccessful attempts would cause them to go for something else.

did it have a full tank of fuel? that always worries me about my car it's almost always full so they can get pretty far away before it will run out of juice.

nah it had just under an 1/8th of a tank so they wouldnt of gotten very far without putting fuel in it, especially with the way they would have been driving it, and we havnt heard of it being in any drive off's

it's a bit suss with the 3 break in's the night before. It's almost like they wanted a 32 for something (parts, re-birthing etc)

hi

sorry to hear the theft/attempted theft epidemic is still out here. my GTR went last Oct, still not recovered.

I have mentioned it on another forum with no results; but I reckon it's time to have a register of stolen Skylines here on the SAU QLD site. somewhere specific where owners of stolen veh can post the details of their car. that way, any of us who are 'suspicious' of a new car in our area, can quickly go to a specific site to check: and then, if necessary contact the owner. I know some are wrecked for parts but according to police many are 'rebirthed' to be driven: even if only a small percentage are identified and returned using information on this proposed forum, it would serve a purpose. the least of which would be to rid the streets [for a while] of some of the lowlife earning a living stealing Skylines.

any comments from Forum officials on this subject?.

regards

IMHO, it's incredibly unlikely that the cars will be in an identifiable condition (resprayed, different plates, different wheels etc) so I doubt that the idea would work. Also, as it stands, people can already search for info by checking for 'stolen' threads just like this one. if a quick search doesn't bring it up, chances are it's been changed enough that it'll be unrecognisable anyway.

Feel free to post the suggestion in the Ideas/Feedback and Bugs section though, the other guys might disagree with me :thumbsup:

IMHO, it's incredibly unlikely that the cars will be in an identifiable condition (resprayed, different plates, different wheels etc) so I doubt that the idea would work. Also, as it stands, people can already search for info by checking for 'stolen' threads just like this one. if a quick search doesn't bring it up, chances are it's been changed enough that it'll be unrecognisable anyway.

Feel free to post the suggestion in the Ideas/Feedback and Bugs section though, the other guys might disagree with me ;)

hi RH,

thanks for your response. I'll post further.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys ill just clear it up a bit, the car has NOT been found, what happened was, A car was taken to a Japaniese wrecker to get some work done, where several parts including, Rims, Exhaust, Gear nob, inter cooler, door cars (had a tear in them) and heaps more were on another car, so this car has been impounded by the police and waiting to hear more.

Thanks very much for all your help guys

Edited by AC00LY

Sorry guys ill just clear it up a bit, the car has NOT been found, what happened was, A car was taken to a Japaniese wrecker to get some work done, where several parts including, Rims, Exhaust, Gear nob, inter cooler, door cars (had a tear in them) and heaps more were on another car, so this car has been impounded by the police and waiting to hear more.

Thanks very much for all your help guys

Thanks for the update dude. I have a pic of your friends car on my sunvisor so i can do a quick reference everytime i see a R32 on the road. Been keeping an eye out. I can remove it now i guess.

Thanks for the update dude. I have a pic of your friends car on my sunvisor so i can do a quick reference everytime i see a R32 on the road. Been keeping an eye out. I can remove it now i guess.

Thats fantastic i appreciate your effort!! :laugh: , but yeah as said we haven't found the car yet but i doubt it would look anything like the picture anymore, if you see a stripped skyline out bush somewhere i would love to know about it.