SAU Community

Remove

city driving and short trips are the worst combo for economy. short trips means you're running on the cold (rich) maps. city driving means stop start traffic, and nowhere to gain momentum.

but who gives a shit really. its a turbo skyline at the end of the day. enjoy it.

ive stopped caring about how much fuel i go through.

Exactly!

I started to care a few weeks back and tried to drive my Hiace around to save some coin. But lets face it. It didnt last. The Skyline is so much nicer to drive and a good squirt is much fun. So it didnt last and im back in the Skyline:D

The 1st week i owned my R33 when it was stock i burnt off $200 worth of fuel :P

I get ok millage out of my 33.....about 100 - 130kms / quarter tank.....that includes hills runs and things like that...and believe me i drive it hard.....

easter long weekend i filled up friday morning, went down to wollongong from sydney but took the stanwell tops exit, and came back up the same way, drove around all weekend, few hits here and there, but mostly normal driving, i got 480kms - the needle was on the Empty line but the low fuel light had not come on.

95 r33 manual, full turbo back exhaust, grounded boost control solonoid, pod, and front mount :cool:

i drove from bissy to bundaberg on the weekend (355km) filled up leaving, then filled up again in bundy (98 oct). used just a tad under 34 litres. i was really suprised to see that. It was all highway, and i sat on about 110km/h and was getting excited over taking people (3rd gear roar! :cool:)

basic mods: fmic, turbo back 3", pod with box and cold air, boost at 10psi. (95 r33 gts-t)

about 9.5L per 100k!

Edited by puke22

Okay Trust33.

Here is the emissions test that i passed, look at the fuel useage. 12.5 litres per hundred km's. and thats the emissions test. mixed city / free way driving i was getting much more.

The RTA recorded this reading. I am getting better results with my driving.

post-1240-1207654696_thumb.jpg

This good enough proof for you ? or do you need a dyno sheet as well ?

52L / 430kms x 100 = 12.09L /100km

as reputable as you are. i dont belive u untill i see it with my own eyes. simply for the fact that if my r33 185rwkw conservativly can only make 460/klms sydney west driving with me rolling in neutral every where i could. though hardly any of those klms were hwy. i can hardly see a car that is making 350rwkw making it that far, with as u say, "not driven easily". you were no doubt rolling everywhere i would think.

have you have changed things like gearing in the drivetrain, 02 sensors ra ra ra?

skylines are petrol whores to say the least.

Edited by Guilt-Toy

Yeah, thats about right. I have mild mods, fmic, pod, boost controller 11 psi and afm voltage bender. Get 480 - 550 km per tank. And it's auto. I just do one extra shift a week at work or something and use that to pay for my fuel. That way i don't really worry about it. Still $75 a tank hurts a little each time i fill up.

Then the boost comes on and the laughter begins!!!!

Okay Trust33.

Here is the emissions test that i passed, look at the fuel useage. 12.5 litres per hundred km's. and thats the emissions test. mixed city / free way driving i was getting much more.

The RTA recorded this reading. I am getting better results with my driving.

post-1240-1207654696_thumb.jpg

This good enough proof for you ? or do you need a dyno sheet as well ?

52L / 430kms x 100 = 12.09L /100km

You had me at Hi. You can tune my r33 foooo shooo!! :)

hahahaa =)

got 2 x SAU cars comming up from sydney for dyno tunes this weekend one for emmisons and one for a remap... might only be able to fit one more in as ive got 2 local cars to do as well.

You had me at Hi. You can tune my r33 foooo shooo!! :D

Sorry forgot to reply to this, no mods have been made to the gearing, I have looked into changing 5th gear to rev a extra 1000rpm lower on cruise because of the extra torque of my engine but everyone keeps telling me its not possible to do so yeah i still run stock r33 box and stock r33 manual dif 4.11:1

If you get a power FC (i say power FC because the AFM is the only way to go) and get it tuned properly you will be suprised the difference in economy you will get.

have you have changed things like gearing in the drivetrain, 02 sensors ra ra ra?

skylines are petrol whores to say the least.

Fill up 50 dollars every tuesday shell 98oct gives me around 33-35liters. Driving fairly restrained i get around 240-260km. Thats approximately13.5l/100km.mods include boost9psicatbackpod filter

hahahaa =)

got 2 x SAU cars comming up from sydney for dyno tunes this weekend one for emmisons and one for a remap... might only be able to fit one more in as ive got 2 local cars to do as well.

Haha my cars in pieces so don't get worried about me turning up on your doorstep any time soon.

yeah would be a good idea... I just dont understand why people think getting fuel economy on a skyline is far fetched.. I mean think about it... they are only a 2.0 to 2.6 litre engines... how much fuel do they need to spin ?

No way near as much as a ls1 5.7 litre thats for sure. Just wish they would stop complaining about their fuel economy, maybe they need to realise that their 200$ dyno tune does NOTHING for cruise and they are just wasting money away for nothing. or they need to fix a problem they have somewhere.