SAU Community

V-spec Version Discussion And Speculation

Stagea Denmark

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

technically not auto, but in still pretty auto.

I'll rephrase the question, just in case you had difficulty trying to comprehend what I was asking :D

Is it manual?

of course its manual, its a DSG which means its a manual gearbox, no torque converter present.

clearly you aren't switched on enough to have read through the R35 section already, do you need me to rephrase that for you?

there has been millions of threads on the gearbox already..

of course its manual, its a DSG which means its a manual gearbox, no torque converter present.

clearly you aren't switched on enough to have read through the R35 section already, do you need me to rephrase that for you?

there has been millions of threads on the gearbox already..

Sigh.

I know about the damn gearbox. Get over it.

I read somewhere that Nissan would MAYBE release the V-Spec (or that evo one) with a manual gearbox system, gearstick, clutch and all.

That's what I was getting at, without having to get into technical detail......

Edited by IOWNU

I would rather have the stock GTR Brembos on a road car, as you will never need the PCCB on the street, except for wank value.

This is true. You can't possibly drive a modern supercar hard enough on public roads, without being arrested/shot, to even come close to troubling the standard 380mm+ steel brake rotors (yes, i'm looking at all you people with Ferraris, Lambos and Porsches who tick the carbon/ceramic option for an extra $20~30k, just to trundle around the city at or below the speed limit)

BUT, big-ups to Nissan for making sure there is an R35 model for that addresses the main concerns for track-heads (the kerb weight and the brake fade resistance of the standard car), and allows the V-spec to compete head to head with cars costing over 3 times as much.

I seriously doubt nissan is stupid enough to put a full manual in the new GT-R at any stage. Reckon you can change gears faster than the DSG? I dont...

A big part of the reason why the 'Ring lap time is so good- Imagine how many seconds all the lost tenths of a normal gearchange would add up to over the course of 21 kilometres.

heard that there's another version call v-spec evo or something? :P

Theres been a lot of whispers about this, but who knows.

Until its officially released i guess no one knows for sure.

They havent even released the Vspec yet so itll be a while

A big part of the reason why the 'Ring lap time is so good- Imagine how many seconds all the lost tenths of a normal gearchange would add up to over the course of 21 kilometres.

Not only that but the DSG gearbox in the GTR is rated as the most technologically awesome gearbox in any car - bar the Veyron. The reason is that the torque is maintained while you shift gears and does not drop off like in a conventional gearbox or any of the 'paddle shifting' gearbox's of the F430 or Gallardo.

I read somewhere that Nissan would MAYBE release the V-Spec (or that evo one) with a manual gearbox system, gearstick, clutch and all.

That's what I was getting at, without having to get into technical detail......

It has a "gearstick", two in fact, mounted behind the steering wheel.

It has a "clutch", two in fact.

"And all", do you mean a clutch slave cylinder, thrust race etc? It has them, they are just electronicaly controlled because us humans move our left feet too slowly.

Cheers

Gary

the only reason to prefer a human-controlled manual 'box (and going slower) now, is machismo

like the guys back in the day that probably lamented the advent of synchro rings in gearboxes 'coz it "reduced driver involvement!" :laugh:

spot on shaun. I don't miss crash boxes, and I won't miss a clutch pedal.

Very impressive time they set. I wonder what tyres they are running. It was the quickest car from a volume manufacturer (well I am still arguaing with Neil if Radical produce in volume....)

Not only that but the DSG gearbox in the GTR is rated as the most technologically awesome gearbox in any car - bar the Veyron. The reason is that the torque is maintained while you shift gears and does not drop off like in a conventional gearbox or any of the 'paddle shifting' gearbox's of the F430 or Gallardo.

lol!

the f430 gearbox is on par with the gtr.

i personally think the F430 Scuderia gearbox is better than the gtr but i havn't driven a f430 or a gtr for that matter...

so your comment is useless unless you are an engineer and have scrutised the plans or the transverse themselves.

"numbers we made up" = true until you have officially timed numbers. It all means horse shit until then.

There are slow dsg's and fast dsg's... I've seen and heard the downshift... sounded quick... looked quick... I havent driven it so be stuffed if i know...

do you guys have a problem with reffering to your wished for GB as an H pattern?

If i come of cranky its my wifes fault.... blame her, I do.

so your comment is useless unless you are an engineer and have scrutised the plans or the transverse themselves.

if your comment is directed to me. then yes my comments are useless but i what i was tring to do is point out that "skyline_man" comments are also useless