SAU Community

Motor Magazine Aussie R-35 Test

The Baron

Just spent some time with the latest edition of 'Motor' magazine (I think we got a preview copy)

They test the Aussie R-35 in Perth against its ancestors and it annihilates them.

Get your copy now !!!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how is comparing the new GT-R to the old RB26 powered ones useless? :)

no, it's not the one Nissan was displaying- it's the black one from fabcar in WA that had a thread started about it a while back

but yeah... they really drive Fabcar's black one. The silver one is fabcar's "other" gtr that hasn't been run in completely yet.

Its a good read. 20 pages of GTRs.

by useless comparo i mean, we already know the results.

Now when the first 997 Turbo v Z06 v R35 came out, THAT was interesting, because we honestly didn't know what the GTR was really going to be like head-to-head. We had a pretty good idea that it should hold it's own, but we didn't know that it would demolish all except for the half mil jobs like the Superleggera/GT2, etc...

And then subsequent comparisons such as the new M3 or the 997 GT3, were also an unknown. On paper the M3 should have done alright, but it was destroyed and who would have thought even the GT3 would have gone down!

So those were good comparisons, because they were the GTR's contemporary rivals, and the real competition.

20 pages of GTR is just awesome :/ and i will no doubt buy a copy, but as a comparison goes, i still think it's pretty useless.

oh no, they've been hanging with the fringe dwellers!!! quick Colin, you know have hard "intelligence" in printed form!!

Going to pick up my copy tomorrow.

Bit off topic, does anyone know where i can get a copy of wheels/motor review of the 32 GTR back in 89?

Edited by Tomek

...Now when the first 997 Turbo v Z06 v R35 came out, THAT was interesting, because we honestly didn't know what the GTR was really going to be like head-to-head. We had a pretty good idea that it should hold it's own, but we didn't know that it would demolish all except for the half mil jobs like the Superleggera/GT2, etc...

And then subsequent comparisons such as the new M3 or the 997 GT3, were also an unknown. On paper the M3 should have done alright, but it was destroyed and who would have thought even the GT3 would have gone down!

I dunno about the Z06; i think on the tracks that have longer straights the vette may return faster lap times than the GTR.

But I agree, it was cool to see how the R35 would do against other fast cars. I'm still waiting for a comparo against the superlegerra.

just read the article, hardly surprising.

What I would like to see, time and time again would be a comaprison between a REAL R32, 33, 34. Yes, the crazy ones you see on Youtube from Japan. Yes, the Twin 3037 equipped R33. Yes to the T04Z R32s and definitely YES to the crazy mofos with Twin 2530s running at 29psi. I would pay to see all that and I probably will once Tuner Battle Royal starts.

just read the article, hardly surprising.

What I would like to see, time and time again would be a comaprison between a REAL R32, 33, 34. Yes, the crazy ones you see on Youtube from Japan. Yes, the Twin 3037 equipped R33. Yes to the T04Z R32s and definitely YES to the crazy mofos with Twin 2530s running at 29psi. I would pay to see all that and I probably will once Tuner Battle Royal starts.

this is true, hard to compare the two cars stock vs stock as we know the later is going to finish up ontop.

I think it would only be fair to wait untill the aftermarket truly kicks off with the R35 untill this battle can take place.

All the garages top spec cars head to head would be very interesting!

possibly next years superlap @ tsukuba will be of high intrest for this..

:down:

Edited by Angus Smart

I just bought the mag; I've only read the comparo with the older GTR's. I felt they were a little too harsh, considering the R33 and R32 are getting seriously old - they were light years ahead of many other cars at the time.

I'm the first to agree that GTR's aren't the be all and end all of performance cars, but I think they have to put the older cars into pespective - I'd like to see how a VS HSV or a 993 Carrera would compare to an R33 GTR.