SAU Community

Motor Magazine Aussie R-35 Test

The Baron

maybe but it would be a bitch to live with on the street... Nissan have done it all with the new car, made it super quick and by all reports a pleasure to drive down the shops for milk and bread... the fact that it can do what it can do with its extra weight and everyday drivability just goes to show what a technical marvel it is and just how far ahead of the 34 it really is... just wait for the lightweight versions that are sure to come out

sure my 33GTR can probably run with a 35 in a straight line but its gutless down low, got a tricky clutch, tramlines all over the shop etc etc... if Nissan wanted too they could have made a car that was even quicker than the new 35 but that's not the point... the car they made is an all rounder and at a price that makes the euros cry into their lattes

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody is saying that its light years ahead of any other previous GT-R - OK, gimme 170K, and I reckon that I could buy and make the R34 GT-R V-Spec II Nur annihilate any R35 GT-R, modded or not.

Seriously people - with R35 extra weight I do believe that lighter, modded R34 would be better.

Then of course, you have to look at the cost to modd the R35 - 20K, 50K, where is the limit. So you will end up with the 250K car, and I do reckon that a tuned R34 would still be better - 200kg less weight in stock trim is alot of weight to carry through corners.

You think for 170k that you could make a R34 Nur annihilate the R35...modded or not....I guess we are just lucky you will never have 170k to spend on a car then aren't we.

Phew for a second we almost lived in the real world.

Using that logic I could probably spend 170k on the clubman track car and beat that 34 nur with 170k worth of mods which beat that 35 gtr and so on... still doesn't prove anything.

You think for 170k that you could make a R34 Nur annihilate the R35...modded or not....I guess we are just lucky you will never have 170k to spend on a car then aren't we.

Phew for a second we almost lived in the real world.

Maybe, maybe never - but Jeff just because you are some rich, arrogant cocksucker that can afford to buy a 170K car it doesn't mean we should take your opinions as 2 cents worth.

I know that almost every track day I go to, there is a little clubman there that hands me my ass everytime....down the straight I smash him but through the corners he just gobbles me up.

Maybe you should learn how to drive.

Maybe, maybe never - but Jeff just because you are some rich, arrogant cocksucker that can afford to buy a 170K car it doesn't mean we should take your opinions as 2 cents worth.

ZINGGGGGGG!!!!!!

No need to get offensive because someone doesn't share the same opinion as you. People get old, as does technology. The new GTR has had such a long time to develop into something that is really ahead of the times (much like the original R32 GTR).

Anyway, I love my out of date R33 GTR, and if I had $150k I would buy a new GTR (and keep the old girl too).

Mike

I thought the test was unfair due to the different cars running all different types of tyres which would have affected the outcome to an extent.

Its not suprising that the 35 GTR was quicker by so much. Nissan left the gap between the R34 and this current machine too long, there should have been another GTR to slot between then. They try to compare this new one with the old cars and it makes a mockery of them.

The 34 only weighs a bit less than the 35 and has only 206-220 odd kw at the flywheel with a 2.6 liter straight 6. The new car has 3.8 liters, double the flywheel ower, bigger turbochargers and a smarter electronics system - its really not even worth a comparison.

Yeah true, they should compare the R35 to the z tune!

Rehab as its been pointed out it's always the people who have never driven/owned an R35 that are the ones to criticise it. I think if you do a search and read some of Gibo's other posts you would be hard pressed to call him arrogant. If you are going to come on here and start flaming R35's with quote's that your R32/33/34 will go faster then be prepared to back it up. If not you're wasting everyone's time with post's like the above.

To each his own, i guess you'll label me as an arrogant c*#ksucker as well.

Slip.

Timeslips and lap time databases please ladies ;)

I have a Drfitbox timed 1:16.2 at Mallala last outing in a stock Dunlop tyred R35 GTR daily. Please show me a Skyline of any R32 - R34 vintage that can stick with that, regardless of modifications and money spent....other than Gibson and Skaife/Richards, it aint been done fellas ;)

Keyboards are NOT faster than real cars :)

Edited by Martin Donnon

Rehab as its been pointed out it's always the people who have never driven/owned an R35 that are the ones to criticise it. I think if you do a search and read some of Gibo's other posts you would be hard pressed to call him arrogant. If you are going to come on here and start flaming R35's with quote's that your R32/33/34 will go faster then be prepared to back it up. If not you're wasting everyone's time with post's like the above.

To each his own, i guess you'll label me as an arrogant c*#ksucker as well.

Slip.

If he is gonna put me down just because I currently cannot afford the R35 then he is an arrogant c#ck.

Guess for people like Gibbo its all about how much money you got, that is the only reason I took an offence to his post.

I'm not here to flame the R35, nor to insult other forum members, and that is a fact.

‚ÉŒ©‚È‚B ‚±‚±‚É"úꂱ‚ê‚Í"ñí‚É‚Ü‚ü'P‚ÈŽÔ‚Å‚ ‚éí‚É‚«‚ê‚¢‚ÅA—DG‚È‚æ‚¢ó'Ô‚¨‚æ‚Ñ•—‰ë‚ȉü'P‚ÉŒ©‚È‚B ‚±‚±‚É"ú–{‚ÅB "ñ³‚¢B Å‚à‚æ‚¢Ž„‚Í'·‚¢ŠÔŒ©‚Ä‚µ‚Ü‚Á‚½B

Edited by Makihiko

I reckon a well modded/lightweight R32~R34 (in the right hands - not mine!) will be faster than a stocker 35. It should be. Do serious mods the an R35 and things might be different. Sure you can go down the road of comparing a $150k new car to something which has almost depreciated to the point of a nothing - then gut that beast and apply serious mods / dollars. Makes for interesting reading but hardly fair or useful when arguing the merits of how good each of the respective STOCKER products were new.

Here's a stupid argument: How much was a new R32 in todays money? The were $130k or thereabouts new right? How much is that equivalent to today? $200k, $300k??.. And how much can you pick one up for today (shitty clunker to rebuild say) & why do i ask? Think about how much has been sunk in depreciation on that R32, $150k ~ $200k ~ $300k? Ok... so go and spend that AGAIN on serious mods (as someone suggested) how much has been spent on the LIFE of the car to finally arrive at this R35 smashing point? ... $300k+ Jeez man, what a waste, the total collective spend on that car was $300k merely so you can go as fast as a $150k stocker. I know i know... stupid argument. But probably no more silly vs comparing 20 year old race car prepped R32's or whatever to a modern & comfy production car today.

Rehab,

You are half right....I don't suck cock.

Arrogant...maybe... I can live with that, but it is easy to cut down someone who has what you don't, blame the world for it.....it is everyone else fault. The post wasn't supposed to target the nerve that I hit, it was more a comment on people that speculate on what they could do with the money if they had it, however in the real world when you have the 170k to spend on a car it is very very few people who buy a second hand 80k car (Like the GTR Nur) and then pump 100k into improving it. The dig was not into what you have or don't have, it was into the real world facts of what you would actually do with the 170k if you had it.

Hell you could built a 120Y datsun for under 60k that would clean up an R35 on the track, the clubman is a perfect example of a car you can get for under 30k that cleans the R35 up on a track like eastern creek. I would welcome you to venture to a track day and see what is out there.

It is easy to sit behind a keyboard and tell me that I am arrogant, tell me that I can't drive etc etc, however the fact is you don't know me, it seems you draw opinions on people like you do on your cars....uninformed.

The dig was not at your wealth, or what you do or don't have, it was on the real world fact that sitting and typing what you would do with 170k is completely different to what you would do if you actually had it.

If the R35 wasn't light years ahead of the R32-R34 cars then I'd be VERY dissapointed considering the basic design of the R32-34 dates back to the late 80's.

With the R35 we're talking about Nissan's state of the art technology. The cars aren't really comparable on any account other than they are all GTR's. Motor (as well as many on here apparently) have forgotten this.

Oh and let's cut back on the tall poppy syndrome.

so anyway today, at Eastern Creek, a certain R34 ran 1:42's today (easily, in traffic).. and will probably dip into sub-40 space tomorrow. Much quicker than a stocker R35.