Who Has Been Done?

LRyder

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TMU asked me for the power estimate of the car.

Using their database value KERB WEIGHT (weight is displayed when they bring up your rego details, TMU showed me on screen), the R32 is 1250kg.

Using my estimate of 158kw flywheel, this makes the r32 126.4kw/tonne

Thus making it illegal as its over the 125kw/tonne law.

However, the series 2 r32's has more weight, but im not sure if this is reflected in their database...

:blink:

That cant be right 1250kg? Can always dispute that cant u? It should be more then that, apparently 92-93 r32's are heavier? Ive got a 93 so im hoping it would be legal.. this is what i mean by getting mixed responses to whether my r32 gtst type m is legal or not to drive?!

That cant be right 1250kg? Can always dispute that cant u? It should be more then that, apparently 92-93 r32's are heavier? Ive got a 93 so im hoping it would be legal.. this is what i mean by getting mixed responses to whether my r32 gtst type m is legal or not to drive?!

the series 2's came from factory with side intrusion bars. This would have increased the weight easily up to 1280kg KERB Weight.

It didnt click in my mind to question them as I was being harassed by 2 TMU's lol.

He told me to get in contact with Vicroads who can ask DOTARS for the exact weight and power calculation.

If i told him the power was 157 (1kw less than my estimate of 158) it would have been under the 125kw/tonne law hehe.

And no doubt the engine would have lost 1kw in the 15yrs its been around :blink:

Im from the Uk and moved here 2 years ago,we dont have any P plate laws over there,but i was wondering what would happen if you passed your driving test in the Uk and came over here and bought a big powered car and drove it as normal without any plates(you can drive over here for up to a year on a Uk licence).i passed my test in 1999 and immediately bought a Mazda 323 gtr and then a few starlet turbos and Gtirs.now ive got a r33 gts-t,ive put my wife on the insurance for when shes off her Ps in 2 months time :blink:

Well if you had a full license over in the UK it should transfer to a full license here.

Guys - they go by the specs that DOTARS and VicRoads have on thier system.

Not some unproven internet website.

If the car is no longer stock, then the power is no longer the same remember... basically put an exhaust on.

Your over.

Yeah but does anyone have the EXACT power and weight figures from Vicroads? I tried calling but cbf waiting 30 mins on queue that was the wait time.. i called nissan australia they said they dont deal with imports, i called nissan japan and had to talk to about 4 people so they could understand what i was saying lol.. and they gave me the figure of 250ps and around 1600kg so thats obviously not correct.. E-mailed vicroads so hopefully they can email me back soon coz they said their timeframe is 7 bus days..

Edit: Spoke to Dotars who gave me direct number to vicroads, called that didnt wait and i asked and lady transferred me to the 13 number :\ then i called a different number who transferred me to this import vehicles for dotars which just says something about getting a pack with safety information for importing cards etc.. Talk about getting the run around lol need to call vicroads when i have more time

Edited by cosmokram3r

Rekin: Series 2? Are u talking about the R32 or R33? So what would the 93 R32 weight fall under?

the R32 came in two series/models

1989 - 1991 = Series 1 r32

1991 - 1993 = Series 2 r32

Series 1 was lighter and near the 160kw mark

Series 2 came with side intrusion bars, bit heavier and less power around the 158kw mark (not to mention different interior, steering wheel, front bar, full yellow indicators as opposed to semi clear etc etc)

But when buying the car, I was able to insure it my name, with the insurance company knowing the date of my receiving of licence. Also registering the car in my name at vicroads. At no stage did any flashing lights or alerts along this process came up, with no one alerting me to the fact that this car is illegal to drive.

There not the law so they don’t have to tell you, it’s up to you to know what’s not and what is illegal.

Trust me I had to tell this to people everyday.

• 2 weeks later...

to break it down

if u got ur p's before july last year u can drive turbo but in regards to skylines r32 gtst is legal r33 gtst is illegal r32 stock gtst is EXACTLY the limit r33 is 10KW over the limit

so ye i got pulled over in r32 and im just aloud to drive it i got done in r33 and got a warning and ye

• 1 year later...

god dammit why the f**k does vic have the worst laws? so to clear things up R33 GTS-T is out of it completely illegal unless you have an exemption.

Same goes for R32 GTS-T. Im also refering to all people trying to obtain it in the new laws

if you are on your red p's then you cant drive anything turbo, v8, some 6's etc, there are some green p's who also cant drive turbo and 8s but for those as long as you dont do anything stupid infront of a cop you should be right

also people shouldnt mention it being auto, as automatic transmissions are an option, and they go off of the standard vehicle with no options