SAU Community

Fg Falcon Xr6 Turbo - Quickest Aussie Built Car

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new G6E Turbo is another force to be reckoned with, the luxury spec that goes a stink (Jemerm C. word :P ).

Wheels Magazine managed to get the following results.

0-100km/h: 5.0 seconds

0-400metres: 13.3 seconds

BILD0078.jpg

BILD0076.jpg

image44374_b.jpg

2008fordfgfalcong6tinterior.jpg

Wow so the luxury model is faster?! Go figure ey...

I truly am a Ford man. I wish I could a afford a BA> XR8, because if I could I sure would miss my Skyline.

The FG shape really is growing on me. At the motor show I thought from the side view it looked too plain. Especially with the performance models there is no chunky side skirts of aggressive bodywork to really emphasise the Ford muscle under the bonnet. But as the days go on I'm liking it more and more... hard not to with those times!

Fear the twin-turbo V6 in 2010!!!

The W427 looks like shit?

Sure it's 7 litres and 370-odd kw but I'll bet it won't go that much better than the FPV F6 to warrant the extra cost. It'll be a car made for the die hard Holden fans (That'll probably get munched by someone that gets an F6 and plays with the power a little bit - or someone with an R35 lol)

I never said the W427 looked good, it was more about the quickest Aussie car built

I seriously doubt that ford will allow the turbo to be so quick.( 12s ). The trend in the past has always been to push the V8 for the top line performance car and the everything else after it. if the factory turbo falc is running that fast it will kill the market for the V8...As for a twin turbo V6 in the future model....I am a little sceptical they will do this,maybe if it comes from Ford US twin turbo, but I just dont see Ford Oz going down the engineering path trying to squeeze twin turbos onto a V6. Its a far more expensive excercise than the single turbo straight six currently in production

they are going to market them xr6t n xr8 on same level. gone are the day's where the xr8 was supreme..... they actualy are ALOT different to drive overall then the previous ba/bf.. totaly re-designed over all, alot of work has gone into this thing... its going to be a good thing.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Im thinking of getting some new wheels soon so i might keep a stock in the boot some how if i can fit and secure it. i will just buy a scissor jack from supercheap aswell. thanks guys. might even see if i can find a space saver just to get me out of shit.
    • Oh also, looks like it will be 3-4 weeks before they arrive - so no coolant change until then 😕
    • @soviet_merlin Managed to find my part and get it off Amayama. While I was at it and paying 9.75 AUD shipping for a $1 piece, I thought I may as well get some other plastic clips I broke 🙈  Thanks a lot for this link
    • The point of all that for me was to get to the PDM (yes, v37 is as fancy as a haltech) which is between the battery and the front inner guard.  In there, pins 80 and 81 on connector E125 are for hi beam according to the USDM manuals. I chose to intercept the high beam signal there as it is next to the battery and firewall so it is a good place to mount the fuse/relay for the LEDs. Unfortunately because you can't access the PDM with the battery in the car, it is difficult to test those wires are correct. The fuses for Left and Right high beam are marked on the PDM cover, so I checked continuity from the fuses to those pins with a multimeter, and it seems to be right. From here I need to splice a wire into one of those 2, and run it into the cabin for a switch, then run the trigger wire back to that general location for the relay. So, I removed the driver's side guard liner to check out where the wiring leaves the engine bay and enters the cabin.  Turns out, that does not happen behind in guard liner at all....waste of time, nothing is routed through there, so that was another 5 pin clips, 4 screws and a bolt of wasted effort All of the wiring is actually run across the separate compartment between the engine bay and the cabin under the cowling...so off with the windscreen wipers after all....
    • So....the good news is you don't have to remove the windscreen wipers to replace the 12v battery in a v37 (just). You do however have to remove: 1. Battery area cover (un clips) 2. Battery area trim (pin clips) 3. Nav side windscreen cowling (more pin clips, plus the trim between the cowling and the front guard, and half of the cowling to bonnet seal All of that gets you to here, with clear access to the battery While there, it is worth clearing out the leaves and dirt that run from the cowling into that well, my car had a lot of crap there and it is a guaranteed future rust hotspot