SAU Community

Car Jerking

YoungLine

Hey guys i encountered another problem yesterday, this 1 more annoying then anything else and id like 2 get it fixed the car began jerking a lot when i ease of the gas n give it less revs...

especially wen im on the freeway if i ease of at 100km/h down to 90 it jerks like crazy :D

at low speeds also but not as much still annoying n worries me do u guys have any idea wat i should check first?

and its not the BOV cos its a non turbo :(

air flow meter, its starts with that and gets worst and worst, untill your catr starts stalling, borrow one of a working car, put it in and give it a test drive, if your car runs fine, then buy one, ive blown a few of these in my times,

Hey mate.. pmed you..

You should also check

- fuel pump relay.. if there's been an instantaneous break surging may occur..

- the injectors.. the drive circuit in the injectors could have short circuited.. causing misfire and over rich fuel/air ratio..

- Spark (ignition) .. may be a misconnection of the high tension wire .. may cause surging during acceleration, cruising, may cause engine to stall at idle, whilst driving, during deceleration .. also check your fuel consumption.. because it's a big indicator as to whether its the sparks or not.. excessive fuel consumption could mean it's the sparks..

Keep us updated..