SAU Community

Be involved in a real race team! Pit crew volunteers needed!

Duncan

Hi All,

Following on the spectacular success of the SAU pit team at our last endurance race (thanks Neil, Toulia et all!), I'm looking for assistance for our next enduro.

At the state championship round at Oran Park on Sun 31 August, the daewoos will be having a 1 hour endurance race.

I need a highly skilled team who can work as a well oiled machine to change a tyre in under 60sec.

As well as free entry to the event and being part of a famous victory(!) you get to watch all the other state champ races (improved production, sports sedans, combined tourers, formula ford, formula vee, alfas, clubmans, AF2.)

Please post if you can help out.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Duncan

I need a highly skilled team who can work as a well oiled machine to change a tyre in under 60sec.

So you're looking at atleast a 4 minute pit stop. :uh-huh:

I may be able to help out that weekend, haven't done a race meeting for ages......

Under 60 seconds is really pushing it!!! i've done it in 1m 4 seconds on a daewoo and 1m 15 on an HQ!

have you had a team do it this quick? i was in the team for car 50 in the wakefield 500!!! did you enter that event?

if not working, might be able to help you out!!

Roy, red900ss, benm, majanal, thanks for the offers guys, while this is a serious race, I'm sure it'll still be plenty of fun. B-man, only if you agree to hold an umbrella as well :rolleyes:.

I'm not sur what the format is yet, probably just 1 tyre change (no driver changes this time). I'll confirm as we get closer to the date. Do let me know if any of you can't make it though as I'll have to find replacements.

Craved, if you can do this in 64sec we'd love to have you on the team :D. Race laps will be around 1.34, so we need to come in the pits, change the tyre, back out again in under 1.30 so that we don't go down a lap. I'm not sure about the in and out times (but I will do some times next Sunday at the UAS day to get a feeling for it).

We did do the wakefield 500 (car 7), we were the rightful winners that were robbed by car 50 :)http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...&threadid=10404

Looks like you might have the team sorted now, but i'll be there on sunday so we can chat about it then! will have to see if i'm working that weekend!!!

was car 7 the white one with the blown engine?

Lol, more the merrier, once I know exactly what we need I'll confirm some exact jobs!

Thanks to everyone that has offered.

Yeah craved, our engine was running on 3 cylinders for the last 20 min ;) Still a great race tho, and the guys who won drove well.

Duncan,

If there is an excess of Pit crew I'm happy to volunteer for Head Race Engineer... my credentials... I have been observing Patrick Head, Jean Toldt, and Many others... I have No actual hands on experience but I'm sure I could make some sort of contribution (good bad or intoxicated) if given the oportunity!

:D:D:)

If we're roll playing F1 guru's then I'll play Adrian Newly. I'll bring some cardboard and give the daewoo a new aerodynamic package. Give it a "full sick bro!" wing with a "OMG bro!" front bar and the competition will be wondering what hit them! :)