SAU Community

Aftermarket Turn Signal Indicators

fooz

hey guys

i just changed my indicators with my front bar, and the lamp is blinking really strange...

i think it has something to do with the resistance across the new circuit? anyone have any experience with this??

I need to increase the resistance across the wires or something to make them blink normally??

the lights are all working so its not a fused bulb..

any help appreciated! thanks.

hey guys

i just changed my indicators with my front bar, and the lamp is blinking really strange...

i think it has something to do with the resistance across the new circuit? anyone have any experience with this??

I need to increase the resistance across the wires or something to make them blink normally??

the lights are all working so its not a fused bulb..

any help appreciated! thanks.

LED lights will require a resister to increase the load on the circuit to normalise the blink rate

any shop that sells premade LED kits can get you a resister pack (or make your own)

i have the same problem, but not using any led lights.. how do i make a resistor pack?

you might need to play around with the resistances required - go to a jaycar and have a chat to them about it, you can buy smaller resisters that wire inline with the power, should fix it up.

i have the same problem, but not using any led lights.. how do i make a resistor pack?

Unless you've managed to change wattages on your globes (unlikely) you'll probably find one of your indicator lights aren't working.

Most indicator flasher units are load based, which means if you run LED, or drop a light it will flash quicker (reverse is also true).

Resistor packs create a false load to maker every thing work correctly.

it is true that if one indicator blows then they blink fast but all 6 of mine are working 100%

they blink at the normal rate with the hazard lights on but fast when its indicating

the indicators i put on the front were a bit smaller than the other ones so im thinking less resistance?

ill go into jaycar and look for some inline resistors

cheers

hey guys

i just dropped by jaycar today and picked up a 10W 1ohm ceramic resistor for $1.50.

placed it in PARALLEL across the circuit, now the thing blinks fine! maybe even a bit too slow! haha. but that can probably be changed by swapping the resistor for a 2 or 3 ohm one..

mine DIDN'T WORK when in series, still got me a little puzzled.. but that may be a wiring issue.. the resistor heats up a fair bit when in use, but we'll see how that goes in the long run.

hey guys

i just dropped by jaycar today and picked up a 10W 1ohm ceramic resistor for $1.50.

placed it in PARALLEL across the circuit, now the thing blinks fine! maybe even a bit too slow! haha. but that can probably be changed by swapping the resistor for a 2 or 3 ohm one..

mine DIDN'T WORK when in series, still got me a little puzzled.. but that may be a wiring issue.. the resistor heats up a fair bit when in use, but we'll see how that goes in the long run.

well good to see it works now without driving you insane lol

yeah last resister i used i had in series for LED's, but sounds correct in parrallel as it simulates a higher drain accross the circuit.