SAU Community

Fuel Consumption

Albyno

hey guys im looking at buying a R33 series II GTST was wondering what your fuel consumtion is for city / freeway and babied vs lead foot.

could you include the type of mods u have on ur skylines as well please?

i am hoping to find one with not much more then an exhaust on it mayb an intercooler?

and do intercoolers inc fuel usage or just power out put?

thanks tim

one of my mates has a 33, full exhaust HKS pod and thats about it, goes prety hard he has got up to 620k's from a tank but if your buying a turbocharged performance car fuel consumption is something you can not really expect to be brilliant

i understand that being a turbo 6 its going to use fuel but i would imagine that with next to no performance mods on it and babied it would not use much more if not less then my VT commodore i have atm.

how does an intercooler affect fuel consumption? i would have thought it would decrease the amount used becuase the cars gettin more power from the same air flow

i guess it would be similar fuel consumption, from memory your car at the moment has 147 kw and is probably automatic and is about 1300kg i suppose, 33's have 171 i think will probably be Manual and are about the same weight so the power to weight ratio is better so the engine does not have to work as hard sooooo in theory should be more econimical but when the boost bug bites your foot gets heavey!!! as far as an intercooler goes if you can get the air cooler it should be more dense but im not sure it will improve your economy as air fuel ratios are all pre programmed by the ecu. i guess it would require some research.

cool so yeah i suppose it should be similar consumption but needing PULP will cost a little more, i have found BP fuel to last the longest, run the smothest and gives just a bit more power, that might just be me but most of the people i know with turbo cars agree