SAU Community

Remapping / Piggy Backing Stock Ecu

Silver_R34_GT-T

Hey,

like the title says, ive been told by a few to go in this direction for my car, but i want to find out who does it so i can ask questions

can anyone recommend any good trust worthy places on the northside?

any help would be great

thanks

BRyn

Bryn, go the PFC route mate. Tried and proven. It was a recent topic for discussion and as I understand it there is no-one competent in Brisbane and the usual suggestion of Dr Drift...edit: I've spoken to a few people regarding his tunes, and some that I have a decent appreciation for their recommendation think it is worth looking at. Apparently he will be back up this way soon. I have a degree of issue with remapping a stock ecu as you generally find after a tune there are a few problems here and there. Without anyone local that is competent, how do you fix this in the short term?

There is of course Mick at Signature here in Ipswich for PFC. Have it all ready to go, book a day and let him go to work.

ouch...

Also, I didn't know the R34 GTT ecu was being re-mapped/chipped as well now.

DR-DRIFT has worked with Mercury Motorsport I believe and they do the remapps.

Didn't know about the R34 chip.

yes Sam does tune 25 ecu's now.

i had my r32 done by him and it was f**ken awesome i dont see what people have against him, i will be gettin my rb25 done by him soon.

just go to his website Bryn and email him, he will let you know what you need to know.

spend 1600 on a pfc and tune minimun if you want. i can tell you its quite a bit cheaper going chipped stock ecu and prob just as good as a pfc.

EDIT: Mecury had the software that Sam gave them, but i dont know if they have the rights anymore, though they prob use different system now.

yeah I got quoted to have a remap done for my 34 at Mercury. I will be getting my car tuned there when the turbo goes on in a few weeks...

Let me know how the boost holds......

Bryn, go the PFC route mate. Tried and proven. It was a recent topic for discussion and as I understand it there is no-one competent in Brisbane and the usual suggestion of Dr Drift...well having seen a fair sample of his work in Vic I wouldn't let him sweep the floor in my workshop. Others may say his work is fantastic....but compared to what? I'd suggest they haven't actually had a car with a decently tuned PFC.

There is of course Mick at Signature here in Ipswich for PFC. Have it all ready to go, book a day and let him go to work.

Yeah can only be done if you patch in the gearshift ECU from a tiptronic fitted 25GT....the GTt has it fitted into the actual ECU :laugh: Not a hard job actually, just need to scam the ECU from a wreck :bunny:

Ahh sounds good Dan. I know of a few 33s with PFC on the auto and they are fine. In fact one was running over 300rwkw for a while with no problems, even had the box pulled down and it was in perfect condition. Find the story by Dangerman.

As for the workshop just mentioned, a large number of club members have been royally f*cked by them to the tune of thousands and unfinished/poor quality work. Send a pm if you want names of the very unhappy customers.

Bryn, go the PFC route mate. Tried and proven. It was a recent topic for discussion and as I understand it there is no-one competent in Brisbane and the usual suggestion of Dr Drift...well having seen a fair sample of his work in Vic I wouldn't let him sweep the floor in my workshop. Others may say his work is fantastic....but compared to what? I'd suggest they haven't actually had a car with a decently tuned PFC.

Easy Geoff, Sam is still a business and we try not to directly bag businesses.

Made some changes to reflect some up to date info. Had a discussion with Sam and a few others and it would appear he has turned around a lot of things that were once relevant, and so worthy of an opinion change. May be worth going the remap route and certainly keen to know the outcome if you do it Bryn.

remapping the stock ecu has it's advantages over the power fc (knock vs ignition retard!!), but unless you own a romulater (they're like $300ish from memory) then you're shit out of luck if you want to fine tune / live tune if you do find a bug in your maps.. so it becomes a costly excersize every time you want to get the maps touched up as opposed to the power fc where it takes all of two minutes to access them with the hand controller :D

well ive been waiting for mercury to call me ack since last week, and each time i call im told they will call me back, so im still trying to find out who re tunes em, but dont know who to go to / recommended

Mercury can do them, they did my bikirom....I just gave them the laptop and software on it and went from there. The ROM data all basically looks the same, just the front end you use to tune is the difference.

Your biggest thing to do is find the interface you want to go with...doesn't Matty Spry have something down at PITS?

remapping the stock ecu has it's advantages over the power fc (knock vs ignition retard!!), but unless you own a romulater (they're like $300ish from memory) then you're shit out of luck if you want to fine tune / live tune if you do find a bug in your maps.. so it becomes a costly excersize every time you want to get the maps touched up as opposed to the power fc where it takes all of two minutes to access them with the hand controller :down:

thats all good marcus, but i read and was told that the power fc dont work in r34 autos, :P thaanks for the input though,

you can help me fit eh coilpacks some day this week, ill even put some home breew in the fridge for the event lol