SAU Community

[ida] Drift Day - Wakefield Park, Goulburn - July 13th Sunday

G'day all,

Just letting you guys know nice and early that IDA are planning to organise a Drift Practise Day at Wakefield park, Goulburn.

No other info yet besides the proposed date - Sunday, July 13.

It's a awesome track to drift, heaps of different types of corners and it's big enough to let a large group out at one time without crowding the track. Plenty of people are willing to help.

The more Local people enter the event, the more likely Alexi and Pete will consider running future events. In the past, there has been a lack of numbers which results in a loss of them. So if your interested in Drift, come out on the track not just watch, it will help you realise what work your car actually needs rather than what you "think" your car needs. It may turn out your car just needs a driver with experience.

So start saving your pennies. If anyone needs assistance getting 2nd hand tyres for free, please feel free to ask me. I also have a number of stock 4x114.3 rims if anyone needs to "hire/borrow" them.

Price? I might be interested if I can get some rims and rubber sorted for the day.

p.s shameless plug someone buy my rims for 500$ 17 inch :thumbsup: 9 inch rims with +18 offset. useless for my car, they don't legally fit.

There isn't a set price yet.

Last time i paid $150, but the prices seem to have gone up a little since the track re-surfacing. You will also need CAMS membership and atleast a L2NS licence. I'm not sure if wakefield still do the $80 per year licences anymore.

Edited by StinkyPoo

There isn't a set price yet.

Last time i paid $150, but the prices seem to have gone up a little since the track re-surfacing. You will also need CAMS membership and atleast a L2NS licence. I'm not sure if wakefield still do the $80 per year licences anymore.

Wakie are still accepting my Wakie licence, although I think they are AASA now and you can get it there on the day. In saying that, I'm partial to getting L2S for no other reason than it can be used for multiple events i.e. hillclimbs as well as Texikhana, autosports etc etc.

how do these days go for absolute beginners?

My first time was at Wakefield, it was really fun even though i hardly got the car sideways. If you've never gotten sideways before, i'd recommend going to a skid pan first but I have a feeling a few people have "accidentally" lost some traction in the wet...

Hmmm, free 255's? if i can get some i might be interested pending dates

What profile tyres? The date that has been advised is July 13.

Forgot to mention...

This day will more than likely been run half drift/half grip with lap timing.

It will be a good day to get on the track to see how your car goes on a circuit.

This gives the opportunity to experience both types of driving.

cheers sl33py for that site

stinkypoo i've been to a skid pan day, only recently and planning on going to a public session on the skid pan, so i'm slowly getting into getting used to sliding the car

I can only recommend going to a Skid pan session atleast once before going on a dry track.

Everyone learns and develop differently. You might go out on the track and be able to drift straight away, while some others will just understeer all day!

The first thing i can recommend with the technique is to just try and power out of the corner or kick the clutch. It is easy to do and you don't need entry speed. As you get better, you'll probably start earlier and earlier. This is the approach I am taking as I am still learning as well.

Guest a31rb25
p.s shameless plug someone buy my rims for 500$ 17 inch :blink: 9 inch rims with +18 offset. useless for my car, they don't legally fit.

what sort of rims?

• 1 month later...