SAU Community

Rx-7

theyre going to wear out without the premix?? what drugs are u on

rotors squirt oil into the chambers for lube... why add even more oil? theres more than enough oil there, adding more only lessens ur ability to make power

dont forget oil = octance killer

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol mate...

reason why you premix is that the OMP doesnt inject enough oil needed at WOT.. and that should your OMP fail, especially electric ones you will be running ur seals dry

if u drive ur car like a grandma.. then most probably no u wouldnt need it.

yes, oil wil drop ur octane levels.. but we are talking about few hundred mL's in a tank of 70L some run 1:200.. some run 1:100..

for PTS seals... check out this page

http://www.performancetestedseals.com/recommendations.html

"It is recommended that you use a minimum of 1% of oil additive to suit fuel being used. ie. methanol use castor based oil "

Rx7 S8 is the best handling car I ever have been driven, better then S2000, and the smooth power delivery.

put aside money for rebuilds every 5000kms... :3some:

Rev, Bang, rebuild

I bet you never have own any rotary?

Rotary can be reliable as any other engines.

195rwkw red line all day at the tracks, drift numerous time and still spuring.

series 5 13B!

lol ur not wrong there... i owned one and it cuts me deep lol

as for OMP... dude mine was a race car. built only for racing.. and i still never used premix and i never had a problem with the engine

ever...

The GTR is a great car in it's won right but the FD is a different car all together.

I drove my mates FD on the Touge and Wangan and that thing flies.

Mind you that it is running a large single and has an awesome suspension setup.

But there is no room in the car so it is best to have it as a weekend thrasher.

Also the FD is such a well balanced car.

13B is a good engine and the relibility is based on the owner really.

Just the fuel consumption is the painful part.

Apart from that both the GTR and the RX7 are great cars.

Just depends on what you really want to use your car for.

• 2 weeks later...

i own a type RB and spirit R type B

both run very well

the RB has exhaust, cooler, pods and runs about 400km per tank

the spirit R runs the same except its stock

all i can say is if your worried about fuel efficiency then the car isnt for you

but at the end of the day after a car wash and nice cruise you forget about the fuel costs

i've been importing cars for years now and driven almost everything out there and in my opinion its the nicest car, but then again im an rx7 fanatic. Handling, response, and breaking are so sweet compared to most other jap cars ive driven.

the back seats are pretty much useless unless you have very short mates, my gf is about 5 feet high and she had to sit sideways across 2 seats the last time she sat back there.

try have another few grand lying around for reliability mods when you buy the car for ast radiator etc or just spare cash incase you don't do those mods and it breaks on you.

it really is more of a weekend cruise car, i drive a mr2 sw20 as a daily

goodluck with your decision mate thats my 2c

the RB has exhaust, cooler, pods and runs about 400km per tank

the spirit R runs the same except its stock

How big is the tank? Is this when the fuel light comes on, or needle pointing very low?

I too would love one after uni, perhaps with a cheap 2nd car in mind or just keep the R32 i have ;)

How big is the tank? Is this when the fuel light comes on, or needle pointing very low?

I too would love one after uni, perhaps with a cheap 2nd car in mind or just keep the R32 i have :/

the tank is 76L 400km is when the needle points low, but light not on yet (i dont drive till the light comes on, force of habit)

i use to have a 32 vspecII, that uses alot of petrols too lol

but it is different for everyone, and how you drive your car, and what type of roads your driving on

average is said to be 400 and i get 400 on both

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for everyones input..........much appreciated

Here is the car that i have bought: 2001 Rx-7 type RS.

pretty much stock apart from the 18's (not sure the brand-can anyone tell from the pic???).

first time i will own a car that isnt a nissan!!!

RX_7.doc

Edited by marchGTR

When I went for a spin, went sideways in 1st and then sideways in 2nd. This car was so light and so powerfull he had to customize his no. plates to INSANE.

DUUUDE, like your mate is totally insane and his cars like, totally off the chain...i wish i could snap chirpies in second...

Thanks for everyones input..........much appreciated

Here is the car that i have bought: 2001 Rx-7 type RS.

pretty much stock apart from the 18's (not sure the brand-can anyone tell from the pic???).

first time i will own a car that isnt a nissan!!!

Who did you go to for sourcing that car in Japan and how much it set you back all up?

DUUUDE, like your mate is totally insane and his cars like, totally off the chain...i wish i could snap chirpies in second...

Well he took the rear seats outs and just had a few ICE items, 12" sub, speakers and the car weights probley about 900kgs.

So yes Sideways and chirpies! :D

• 3 months later...

I own a 2001 RZ model. most of what people has said is true. the interior is tiny and if you are over 6ft you will either not be comfortable or need to do some mods (aftermarket wheel with spacer so it clears your knees, and bucket seats mounted to the floor).

being an RZ mine has factor kevlar recaros which are mounted to the floor and have tilt adjustment too, so I can get comfy in it, and the RZ has no rear seats either which means the front seats can go right back. plus they smartly put 2 storage bins where the rear seats normally go which helps. but these cars still have bugger all boot space or cabin storage.

I love the dash layout and the drivnig position is great. however the fit of some of the interior plastics is pretty average.

my 2001 model had less than 40,000kms and was not modified but it was due for a rebuild when I bought it in japan. I decided to get it re built over there as they really know their shit. I got the engine built at pre-stage and it is awesome (these guys http://www.prestage.rgr.jp/ourjobs.html http://www.prestage.rgr.jp/workscar.html ). I used brand new genuine housings, everything balance, new seals etc, and a mild port job. The thing runs amazingly well now. so torquey from about 2,000 and is quicker than a standard or near standard GTR. I have owned a number of GTRs including 32s, 33,s and a 34. Everything from completely standard to a 500ps+ one built by Prime Garage. I love them all for different reasons, but the RX-7 is a great driving car, but very impractical and yes reliability can be an issue. it wont be for everyone, but you never know. even buying the most immaculate car something can go wrong.

Anyway, it seems you've made your choice. :( enjoy.

some pics of my car, and my rebuild.

http://photos.yahoo.co.jp/ph/cyoko810/lst?...rc=ph%26.view=t

59627877ca8.jpg

26574284en5.jpg

58905825na9.jpg