SAU Community

Are you road worthy?

haste

Originally posted by haste

Does anyone know where to get a road worthy, even though the car has a relatively sizeable top mount turbo? Need to get the car registered.

i just got my car rw and rego'd with top mount but then a mate went to same rw place a week later and they wont do it. still hasnt found anyone to do it. its all luck.

yeh all depends on the place

some people dont know exactly so they dont care, some people just dont notice that it shouldnt b a certain way...some people will do it if they know u wont turn on them etc etc

theres always a way...

RW testers are liable in court if you or someone else is hurt ,or in any accident if the car is found to be un road worthy. Accident insurance apraisers do check.  

It is more difficult now

Thing is though, you took the vehicle there, they tested it.. a week later 50 mods are back on after you left it with your "brother" there isn't much they can do.

Anyway, with the big top-mount turbo thing, you should be able to get it engineered for under $1000, then its fully roadworthy and can be registered that way. Probably the best way to go about it. It is possible to be fully legal you know, it just takes a bit of $

Get it done properly. (Eng cert, etc)

Think about, if you can get a RWC for a car that obviously isn't, then what does that say about RWC when you go sell/buy a car?

If there is one standard that EVERYONE sticks to, then everyone knows what a RWC means. Otherwise, you might as well sell your car with the 7 of clubs cuz that is as bout as meaningless as a RWC.

i spoke to an engineer about getting my car engineered so that its all legit. he told me that you cant get a car engineered that has been modified that is newer than the 80's (?) and he said that the only way to do it was to get it checked by the epa which cost 4k. dont know if this is ture though.

No, its not actually true.. but some places probably are either unfamiliar with how to do it, or can't be bothered.

Getting it certified for EPA pollution regs is again a different matter..and yup, i think its a few $k because it has to go through a full involved process