SAU Community

R32 GTS25 would be the way to go, should handle quite well.

there is a r32 with a na rb25 conversion for sale at the moment are there many of them?i currently have a Nissan pulsar n14 sr20 how will it go against that? also how much do the r32s weight and are they lsd? is there a page somewhere that has all the features

I remeber reading somewhere that N15 SSS's will have the jump on NA R33's but the Skyline will catch up a little down the line..

Quick rundown.

Short answer: R32 - No. NA 2L is poo.. if you can find one with a 2.5L thats not too bad..

If your going to get an NA skyline.. get a 33 or 34..

Down sides..

Small brakes..

Open diffs..

4 stud wheel pattern

Slap a set of coilovers and strut bars and they handle awesomly..

My NA 2.5L R32 GTS4 can keep up with higher powered cars through the twisties without too much hassle.. but you really need to keep the engine revving to get the most out of it. It is possible to have a quick NA through the twisties with the right mods.

If you want a good good handling NA your looking at the wrong place..

NA cars are all about being light weight with awesome handling..

Have a look at:

MX5

AE86

RX7 SII

perhaps an s13

Just a thought..

I remeber reading somewhere that N15 SSS's will have the jump on NA R33's but the Skyline will catch up a little down the line..

Quick rundown.

Short answer: R32 - No. NA 2L is poo.. if you can find one with a 2.5L thats not too bad..

If your going to get an NA skyline.. get a 33 or 34..

Down sides..

Small brakes..

Open diffs..

4 stud wheel pattern

Slap a set of coilovers and strut bars and they handle awesomly..

My NA 2.5L R32 GTS4 can keep up with higher powered cars through the twisties without too much hassle.. but you really need to keep the engine revving to get the most out of it. It is possible to have a quick NA through the twisties with the right mods.

If you want a good good handling NA your looking at the wrong place..

NA cars are all about being light weight with awesome handling..

Have a look at:

MX5

AE86

RX7 SII

perhaps an s13

Just a thought..

could i also suggest a non turbo supra and non turbo 300zx, both these cars will make over 130kw at the wheels, and only weight about 1400kg's give or take

thanx for all the advice and info

id really like a r32 gts25 but im also looking at mr2 sprinta and 300zx im looking for a car that looks nice and goes good for na and drifts can any one giv me some advise on thoes cars or any other cars

R32 GTS25 is my pick, doesnt have VVT which does make a nice topend difference though. Ideally if you can pick up an R32 GTS25 that has already had the very easy to do 3l bottom end conversion, then you can achieve 150rwkw+ with the right mods.

R33 and R34 if you can get a good one for cheap then why not... But ultimately, I wouldnt spend too much on an N/A as a P plater cos you'll eventually get onto the turbo bandwagon later, save the dosh for a turbo car then :D

Z32s are a nice bus, not a fan of the big veee-six however, and no where near as easy to work on if you are inclined that way.

thanx for all the advice and info

id really like a r32 gts25 but im also looking at mr2 sprinta and 300zx im looking for a car that looks nice and goes good for na and drifts can any one giv me some advise on thoes cars or any other cars

If you want to hang your arse out.. dont go for MR2.. incredibly hard to drift.

Again.. if you want to drift, you want the lightst car possible, Sprinter. There are a couple of 4AGE converted ones already and they are a blast to drive!

I see where your comming from with an R32 as a drift car but the NA's have too many down points (in my opinion) to bother with.. no time. Im pretty sure that the NA's have a weaker box too.. and thats something you dont want in adrift car.

How about a KE70?.. It would need work.. but they are quite cheap..

MA70 (is that the right code?) Supra?

Toyota Cressida?

Ghetto Spec R31 boro drift car?

i had a look at a 300zx last nite,drove nice but yes big and heavy,sprinters are sik but there bit old,r32gts25 would be awsome if i could find one wat about r33? they any good i dont really like the look but i could settle for one,ye i read about mr2s being hard 2 drift because of the heavy rear end

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

If you really want to skid it and not just a passing fancy, jump on the Aus spec R31 bandwagon and don't look back. S13 front sus, locked diff and away you go.

If you want something thats actually nice but still cheap, I'd go NA 33 and if you are cashed, NA Supra.

If you want something NA and fast, get a V8 falcon or commy. Big cam, good free flowing exhaust, some head work and either a big carby or a good EFI system and it should be quick enough to give you a scare or 2.

• 1 month later...

Hey Mate,

Don't know if you have bought your car yet, but i got an R32 GTS 2.0L, and i have to say it's great.

There are some small downsides though

Small engine capacity means you need to keep the revs up for any decent power.

As for drift yeah a LSD would be nice but hard to source, but great in the wet ;)

handeling: as i only have a standard one at the moment i can only go by a standard setup, which is a fair bit of fun but could be a bit stiffer.

Hope this has helped you a bit..

By the way expect to pay a fair bit nowdays as P platers are only alowed non turbo ones, so they are in high demand..

Cheers