SAU Community

Mgec All Wheel Drive Turbo Challenge

mad34

i know i talked a lot about it and would really like to have a shot but don't really want to join some random club just for cams would of likes SAU SA to be cams affiliated already

plus haven't got my new rims or 5 stud conversion on yet and need new tyres as im on the wear indicator for my rears so don't really need to be pushing it at an event

you will one day see me at one of these events and once you do I'm guessing it will be in the blood

Undertable Madaz if the car is not ready you do no race it, its that simple.

There has to be others that are ready and keen to compete in some way.????

Come on People

As they say the bullshit stops when the flag drops yeah? so where has everyones competitive spirit gone?

As for SAU SA not being CAMS affiliated, that is pretty slack of everyone on here, when i had my line i remember people talking about it, but it never eventuated.

There are soooo many of you and it really doesnt cost that much nor take much effort to become CAMS affiliated.

It would be really good to see SAU SA as a formal car club.

As a club SAU SA would have no problem getting members there are plenty of skyline people who are in to their cars and cruises.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funny thing about tyres is they wear down so months ago i was eager the rims are just a personal choice not an event stopper as i have done the brake upgrade

the big hassle is joining a club which i'm glad i didn't now because i have to do something else

but knowing the MGEC club always do events ill get ready for one of your other days

Entries for the Collingrove Hillclimb on 25th May officially closed on Wednesday 14th May. Often they accept entries if faxed by Sunday night as they receive them on Monday.

Here is the direct link to the 25th May Collingrove Hill Climb:

http://www.sportingcarclubsa.org.au/LinkCl...=49&mid=591

Here is the direct link to the 13th July Collingrove Hill Climb:

Getting close now!

Entries for the Collingrove Hillclimb on 25th May officially closed on Wednesday 14th May. Often they accept entries if faxed by Sunday night as they receive them on Monday.

Here is the direct link to the 25th May Collingrove Hill Climb:

Here is the direct link to the 13th July Collingrove Hill Climb:

Getting close now!

Away with work for BOTH of these events -NOT HAPPY!!!! Should be able to make the track day though - still eligible for the comp?

Andrew, get your AWD Turbo Challenge entry form back to us before the event on the 25th and you will be eligible for the events that you next compete. You do not have to do each event mentioned, you may only wish to compete in one you feel most competitive in. However, the AWD Turbo Challenge Trophy counts the points over all mentioned rounds.

Oh Doh :D

If this was in NSW I would be in like flin!! :starwars:

The hillclimbs have been cancelled over here due to lack of insurance and I am dieing to do a one!!

Can't believe there aren't many SAUers interested in giving this a go...You guys dont know what your missing out on :)

This and track days are what are cars are made for :D and heaps fun when you blow the evo's away :P

P.S Maz what happened to getting the club SAU SA up and away...all the info is there just need to get a comittee together!!

funny thing about tyres is they wear down so months ago i was eager the rims are just a personal choice not an event stopper as i have done the brake upgrade

the big hassle is joining a club which i'm glad i didn't now because i have to do something else

but knowing the MGEC club always do events ill get ready for one of your other days

Don't worry about joining a club just pay for a Day License. Also keep the receipt and what you pay for your day license will come off your full license. I'm going to give this hill climb a miss as I'm going to do the track day at Mallala on the Saturday after and i can't afford to do both.

hey there! i would be pretty keen to enter the time attack, i hav a R32 GTS4 with a RB26 and its not ready 4 the track yet, but should be ready when that event rolls around, is it to late 2 enter?

you know us Adelaidians are very slack and with no motorsport park Mallala isnt that great and way to expensive to hire out and then everyone says yeah ill come but when it come to putting hand in pocket for track day noone comes

shall i put my skirts on :D

...P.S Maz what happened to getting the club SAU SA up and away...all the info is there just need to get a comittee together!!

you know us Adelaidians are very slack and with no motorsport park Mallala isnt that great and way to expensive to hire out and then everyone says yeah ill come but when it come to putting hand in pocket for track day noone comes

shall i put my skirts on :)

Yes I know :) and it's a dam shame!! ;) You guys seriously dont know what you are missing out on...I hear "but my car isnt set up yet or properly", How would most really know unless you got out there and really used your car....

I have got the Track bug now and I cant stop and my car inst even set up that great, Good Tyres are the key and then you go from there with what upgrades you need..

There is alway's travelling to another state, I know that sounds huge but its well worth it I can promise I.E Deca, any of the VIC track days..driver training days..

The Mitsibishi club have the right idea and have been putting on motorsports event for as long as I can remember The SVD club used to join in on some of them...Could always do the same and join in on one of there motorkhana,trackdays,hillclimbs to get the feel for it or even share the hiring of the track, If more people get into this sort of stuff then it has to get better!!

This event is awesome and I am in a similar club (SSCC) that run this sort of stuff through out the year.

Great to see that some are going to at least give it ago..and yes Maz you should put your skirt on and lead by example and get out there and do one of these events :)

DSTROY its not too late! Fax in a form and your results from the Time Attack will count towards the AWD Turbo Challenge, as well as the Time Attack event itself.

Entry forms and results for all rounds of the AWD Turbo Challenge will be provided as they are made available.

• 1 month later...

Well done to Sean Day who was quickest out of the entrants for Round 1!

Round 2: Collingrove Hill Climb 13th July 2008

For those who have not entered Round 2, 13th July 2008, here is the link to the entry form:

http://www.sportingcarclubsa.org.au/Portal...Supp%20Regs.pdf

Entries close today, but you may be able to sneak an entry in before the weekend - SCCSA are fairly easy going, numbers pending.

• 2 weeks later...
Undertable Madaz if the car is not ready you do no race it, its that simple.

There has to be others that are ready and keen to compete in some way.????

Come on People

As they say the bullshit stops when the flag drops yeah? so where has everyones competitive spirit gone?

As for SAU SA not being CAMS affiliated, that is pretty slack of everyone on here, when i had my line i remember people talking about it, but it never eventuated.

There are soooo many of you and it really doesnt cost that much nor take much effort to become CAMS affiliated.

It would be really good to see SAU SA as a formal car club.

As a club SAU SA would have no problem getting members there are plenty of skyline people who are in to their cars and cruises.

im coming to slap you evo poofs around!!!! heheheheheheh!!!