SAU Community

Clutch Squeak

EARMUFF

If i listen hard for it, i can hear it. Also, wen i hear the squeak, i can feel it on the pedal, if you know wat i mean. Where abouts is the pivot ball i grease up? Im new to this ay.

Edited by EARMUFF

A user posted up a picture a while back as to where to look and to grease up. I have attached the pic to this response hope it helps.

From what ive been told you need to lubricate the clutch fork itself and within the rubber bit you can stick your finger through. Not too sure what is behind the rubber bit and whether it would do damage to any parts by going crazy with some lubricant in there.

Also try using something like Motorcycle chain lubricant instead of WD40 as it will last longer.

post-25563-1208743709_thumb.jpg

Edited by LatinR33

yeah thats it ^^^^. its about 120-130mm in from the end of the clutch fork, so you should be able to reach it easily. i wouldn't go too crazy with the grease in there. you don't want to get it all over the clutch itself.

Mines does it a little bit too.. Sometimes it make the noise, sometimes it doesnt... >< .

I well try and fix it with this.. if it doesnt work, ill take another look when i change the clutch..

I have an exedy heavy duty clutch! just recently when i press the clutch pedal n release u can hear a bit of a squeak. i'll grease it up n let u noe ;)

Glad you fixed it.

Squeaking is also common when putting in HD cluthes/pplates. The extra force to disengage the clutch actually starts fatiguing the pedal box quite quickly and it starts to flex and crack - squeak, squeak

Hey guys, I have a similar problem as well.

If I'm reading this thread correct, in the spot where you can 'stick your finger through', is that where I should be putting a small amount of grease?

Cheers.

Hey guys, I have a similar problem as well.

If I'm reading this thread correct, in the spot where you can 'stick your finger through', is that where I should be putting a small amount of grease?

Cheers.

if you stick you finger in that spot and keep pushing it in further you will feel the pivot ball. thats what you want to grease. you may be able to work it out from this pic

http://www.automotivearticles.com/uploads/clutch__3_.jpg

• 3 weeks later...