SAU Community

What should l do in the first few weeks?

Mordy

Originally posted by Timmy G

nice car mordy.

i've got a suggestion for ya.. just drive it and enjoy it in the first few weeks :)

i second that...

dAVE - u need help... :D

ummm..

1. convert to manual

2. drive it ;)

oh and doesn't risbey compliance em for ya? oh and also make sure you ask him about the taxes (that you pay on the car when purchasing) that youre supposed to get refunded once the car is deregistered in japan to be shipped OS

You could ask mr risbey himself, he's on the forums.

After you get compliance? You got about 2 months to plan! I just bought a 99 GT-T and I'm going exhasut, intake and computer. But first of all I'm gonna just get in and cruise, get used to the car first and then wack a fark load of go fast goodies on ;)

Guest RedLineGTR

Probably get it serviced...general stuff like oil, coolant, brakes, gear box oil etc. Thoe the importer usally does some of those thing i rather make sure they are done. Also you may want to pop it on a dyno for a quick run to check what power it is making and to see if everything A/F ratios are okay..maybe get the timing checked and ajusted to our fuels.

Put a massive Greddy sticker on the side; you know, the ones with three oblique gauges, a couple of neons under it and just pimp about...

/apologizes for stupid suggestions/

umm... just like what RedLineGTR suggested; full service then don't modify it; just enjoy it and learn the car for a few weeks...

yes i agree with the other dudes drive the car dont be stupid in it just have a bit of a drive then when you get in the car and think to yourself i know its quick compared to other cars but it kinda feels slow to me then start to mod it performance wise. if that is what you want to do. most people like to make theirs faster but dont feel pressured if you want to keep it stock do it. in the mean time if you want to spend money on it whilst just driving and getting the feel maybe if you want it louder get a cat back exhaust, if you want induction noise put in a pod+partition. and 1 major thing get an alarm system, and get a decent one, you get what you pay for.... if the windows arent tinted tint them! dark as hell on the back legal limit on the front tint the rear as dark as physically possible.....

;) g/l with the car :)