SAU Community

Blitz Dual Sbc

Hello

I am hoping that someone might be able to shed some light on the shiney new ticking noise coming from my turbo.....

i have just installed a new blitz dual sbc type R, at the moment it is in the off mode, which lets the car run at factory specs, 7psi, but when it's turned on and the boost is set at 12 psi thats where I am having issues, as the boost increases past 5 psi there is a ticking noise... it wasnt there before and it isnt there when the boost controller is off... any ideas at all would be great

thanks

Did you rubber mount the solenoid for the boost controller?

If not then it's most likely just the solenoid for the boost controller tapping against metal. I had the same problem with my Greddy EBC and just placed a piece of bike tube between the solenoid and the mounting surface.

Did you rubber mount the solenoid for the boost controller?

If not then it's most likely just the solenoid for the boost controller tapping against metal. I had the same problem with my Greddy EBC and just placed a piece of bike tube between the solenoid and the mounting surface.

yeah the solenoid comes with rubber mounts already attached to it, but it would make sense that it is the solenoid... i thought it would have been silent though?

did your tick change with the boost?

• 1 month later...

Does anybody have pictures of where you connected the tubes etc. from the stock solenoid? I am also wondering what I should do since I have a blitz intake pipe with the BOV fitted onto it. I have rifled every post on all the usual forums and can't find a good picture of the skyline with this boost controller installed.

Does anybody have pictures of where you connected the tubes etc. from the stock solenoid? I am also wondering what I should do since I have a blitz intake pipe with the BOV fitted onto it. I have rifled every post on all the usual forums and can't find a good picture of the skyline with this boost controller installed.

are you after pictures of the tubes for the stock setup or for the blitz dual sbc? if you want a picture of the blitz i can post what i have, but i do have the tick problem still.... but only when running over 7 psi and it will be a week or so before i can take a photo

wtf - manuals ppl, be sure to read the f'n manual - try here

are you after pictures of the tubes for the stock setup or for the blitz dual sbc? if you want a picture of the blitz i can post what i have, but i do have the tick problem still.... but only when running over 7 psi and it will be a week or so before i can take a photo

As for the ticking sound; is it actually coming from the solenoid or not???? Use a screw driver to the ear.

They should really only hum, or buzz - Describe the "tick sound - slow, fast, constant with boost, revs what...?

Edited by GeeTR

Thanks for the condescending reply GeeTR, I have all the installation manuals complete with their drawings and diagrams. I was asking for actual pictures of the system installed on a GTS-T. Can you produce said photos?

Cheers,

Scott

3-5-7

I try :down:

You hadn't mentioned if you'd gone over the manual, so thought I'd throw it out there.

No said photo's from me, but as per page 3, figure 3 (and 1) of the manual, id replace the stock solenoid with the new one, and give it a test.

wtf - manuals ppl, be sure to read the f'n manual - try here

As for the ticking sound; is it actually coming from the solenoid or not???? Use a screw driver to the ear.

They should really only hum, or buzz - Describe the "tick sound - slow, fast, constant with boost, revs what...?

i dont think the tick is coming from the solenoid, but it has only started to do it since it has been installed, the tick starts when the engine is under load and the boost gets to about 5 psi, if i had to describe it i'd say it sounds like a sprinkler ticking off in the distance, i was thinking it could be the waste gate? but if it was the wastegate it'd do it on stock boost too, right? the noise gets faster as rpm increases...

my blitz ebc doesnt tick. it does have rubber mounts though so maybe thats absorbing it.

it really sounds like the solenoid from what your saying as it increases with rpm and only happens when theres boost.

whack your stock solenoid back on and compare.

my soleniod has rubber mounts, the stock solenoid doesnt make any noise, when the blitz control unit is turned off, it runs 7 psi, for the turbo to run at 7 psi the blitz solenoid still has to control the waste gate, but it makes no noise..... which is why i thougth i was the waste gate, but if it was the waste gate it would do it on stock too.... so it looks like i spent $500 to add a noise that gives me the sh!ts.. awesome!

• 2 months later...

I'm having the same problem with my Blitz dsbc Spec S. It was silent when i first installed it, however the following day the noise started after driving for 20 min. It starts ticking at around 3psi and stops at around 9. However It won't do it at all when the boost is set at 15psi (56%). Anyone know what could be causing this? (solenoid is rubber mounted and it doesn't sound like metal on metal...)

If its ticking like a relay noise

Its normal for a EBC. Plenty of threads on EBC ticking, all the same thing... its the solenoid working @ different rates

So i've seen after a bit of research... But why would it only do it on lowish boost settings (doesn't do it on 0/7psi) regardless of what the cacr is boosting at. i.e 15psi setting it won't do it in the 3-8 psi range. If it is meant to do it why doesn't everyone's solenoid do it? Is there just a lot of faulty solenoids going around with audible ticking?

The ticking WILL be coming from the solenoid, rubber mount it or deal with it!

It ticks (only once on boost not in vac) becuase its trying to close the wastegate because it has not reached desired boost level.

If you turn off the boost controller it will stop ticking to prove it.