SAU Community

Gokarting Now Booked For Fri 8 Aug 8pm Gepps Cross $50 Pay Bunny By 31 July

Whiplash

I'm looking at setting up a go karting towards the end of next month if there is enough interest,

It will be at the Richmond track as its most central and if we can get enough numbers (approx 30 people) we can look at doing one of the 180Lap races with driver changes. 3 drivers doing 3X20 Lap stints

Last time i went (and Ash) it was $45 a head (from memory)

Just sorting out work ect at the moment and will be able to set it up properly soon.

Once i know if there is some interest i will contact them and get more information like maximum and minimum numbers, cost and some available dates

cheers, Nick

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if its teams of 3, can i suggest trying to get equal weight for each team, big fat bastards like me are at a real disadvantage in carts, so equal weight would make it a fair competition.

+1

hi everyone.

i'll be keen. :)

i used to go gokarting a fair bit. not anymore though,

would be good to get back in to it again.

a friend of mine could be interested if allowed~~ :O

anyway let us know how it goes~~

cheers

Yohan

if its teams of 3, can i suggest trying to get equal weight for each team, big fat bastards like me are at a real disadvantage in carts, so equal weight would make it a fair competition.

this was brought up by nightcrawler back when we were doing his turbo (so i have been thinking about this for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time)

i was going to suggest organizing team on the night to try and make an even playing field through out the carts.

hi everyone.

i'll be keen. :cheers:

i used to go gokarting a fair bit. not anymore though,

would be good to get back in to it again.

a friend of mine could be interested if allowed~~ :)

anyway let us know how it goes~~

cheers

Yohan

not to be rude but i would hold it open to SAU guys'gals before the addons come. Hope ya can understand

I haven't found that to be true over the course of a race - I went last night and I was 10-15kg over most of my competitors and much less fit, off the grid they get away off the line quicker which pisses me off, but somehow I hold momentum and speed through the corners and maintained a podium position through it all.

I haven't found that to be true over the course of a race - I went last night and I was 10-15kg over most of my competitors and much less fit, off the grid they get away off the line quicker which pisses me off, but somehow I hold momentum and speed through the corners and maintained a podium position through it all.

thats called skill, just cause they are lighter doesn't make them better drivers

thats called skill, just cause they are lighter doesn't make them better drivers

I'd like to think so but there's no need for the pillow talk!

The races can become very long and I had a lot of time to compare my lines to someone I was trying to overtake - there's a lot more to it, much of which is likely a series of minor misadjustments on a competitors kart, but there were 3 or 4 corners where I was always massively faster than anyone else that I thought there must be something else at work - like my love of steak!