SAU Community

Petrol Price Has Gone Through The Roof!

gazal

Long weekend = Profiteering bastards.

Of course the toothless watchdog that is the ACCC will come out in a statement saying 'Bugger that's really not much good' and do nothing about it once again.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few years ago before everyone subscribed to the whole cashless society i used to make a killing doing armed robs at the local servo. These days everybody pays for their petrol using plastic.

If only peopled used cash more often then it would be worth the agro of getting all dressed up in black and jumping the counter for a right old bollocking. No need to actually use violence, you could achieve the same end result with the right vacabulary.

Like i said, start using cash more often and every 10-14 days just make a withdraw

im not complaining yet,where i come from in the uk(shetland islands) the petrol price is around $3 a litre for standard petrol,they dont even have super unleaded,i used to have a Gtir and i could only use it at weekends and had to buy octane booster for it,i used a starlet turbo for weekly driving.its rare to get a car over 2 litre there,i wont be complaining until it hits $2 a litre here(couple of weeks time)

$3/L that's insane, wait until we reach that 3$ mark here, then everyone will be bitchen...

dont be angry, be happy! (please refer to my sunshine and lolly pops thread)

Hahaha, lollu pops thread???

I found an old petrol docket. 78c/liter the good old days

Can't beat the good old days hey? If i remember correctly wasn't it long after that petrol prices start to rise?

ha 78cents.....i remember cracking it when it hit 65cents. ahh...memories of an unemployed kid who just got his license..

"meemmoriiiieeees.....like the colours of the wind...."

Ya memories of the $1.90 2 hour tram tickets :)

It's $3.40 now if i'm not wrong.

Who cares.

Whats the difference going to be.....5-10 bux?

Meh.

Thats what you and the likes said last year, and will say the same next year... in space of three years you will be paying 40 bucks more for a full petrol tank.

I have sold my Skyline to buy a house and a new Corolla... f**k the oil companies.

BTW, cut the foreplay and make the petrol 2 bucks a litre... then only the rich will be able to drive, there will be less cars on the roads and the planet will breath easier.

Edited by Modena

I am not saying this price rise is aimed at reducing energy consumption. I am saying that higher energy prices will be a component in reducing energy consumption (Or reducing CO2 emissions, not quite the same thing) in the longer term. Hence people need to expect prices to continue to rise. Not just petrol either, electricity & gas too.

Oh and first I heard that our reserve bank was privately owned. :P

Interesting read :D

http://dkd.net/davekidd/politics/money.html

Thats what you and the likes said last year, and will say the same next year... in space of three years you will be paying 40 bucks more for a full petrol tank.

I have sold my Skyline to buy a house and a new Corolla... f**k the oil companies.

BTW, cut the foreplay and make the petrol 2 bucks a litre... then only the rich will be able to drive, there will be less cars on the roads and the planet will breath easier.

I really believe that $2 a litre is not that far away, just remember back when it first hit $1.10-$1.15 a litre..it wasnt that long ago...I reckon by this time next year we will start seeing $2 a litre

f**k the planet, its gonna get destroyed one day by a comet and what will happen is poorer get poorer, i rkn there will be mayhem and lots of killings and robberies of banks, that what probably will happen . become like America, Australia aint the lucky country it used to be, time to move country if stuff gets expensive like other countries not worth liveing here. for example ppl in this country all money hungry and everyone thinks about money all the time, u goto england or mexico or spain or italy everyone is poor and they still manage to have greate time and be happy and party and live life, here cant say its the same. some one comment on me if im wrong or got some thing to say