SAU Community

Will This Fmic Fit?

kidafa

Hi all looking at purchasing this HDI FMIC kit. Do you think it will fit my 1997 series 1 rs4 stagea? It is stock.

dimensions are 300x600x78

apparently its for a 33 gtst and a 34 gtt

acording to the seller its bearly been used, and i will save a little bit of coin getting it 2nd hand, plus i get to help out a fellow SAU member.

med_gallery_35770_2483_79882.jpgmed_gallery_35770_2483_42222.jpg

cheers chris

Yes it will fit

Hi Darrin, I am also interested in something like this for my vehicle. Is there much involved in prep work with existing piping to make one slip into a 260RS? Is it essential that the inlet outlet pipes on pre-cooler face rearward (biased towards engine bay)?

Regards GW

Hi Darrin, I am also interested in something like this for my vehicle. Is there much involved in prep work with existing piping to make one slip into a 260RS? Is it essential that the inlet outlet pipes on pre-cooler face rearward (biased towards engine bay)?

Regards GW

This type and size of intercooler would be either a sidewards or backwards step compared to what is already in your 260RS now.

If need to upgrade what you have now, the best cooler is a 100mm GTr replacement like the attached link

No mods required to piping and should be a direct fit with regards to clearances etc

Your factory r33 GTR cooler in the 260rs is good for upto 500hp, so unless you are producing those numbers or do alot of track work stick to what you have.

http://justjap.com/store/product.php?produ...=298&page=1

This type and size of intercooler would be either a sidewards or backwards step compared to what is already in your 260RS now.

If need to upgrade what you have now, the best cooler is a 100mm GTr replacement like the attached link

No mods required to piping and should be a direct fit with regards to clearances etc

Your factory r33 GTR cooler in the 260rs is good for upto 500hp, so unless you are producing those numbers or do alot of track work stick to what you have.

http://justjap.com/store/product.php?produ...=298&page=1

Thanks Darrin, (pockets dosh for other goodies).

Cheers GW

A little off topic here, but would this fit in my 00 series 2? I really don't want to cut up my Dayz kit, so is there a way around this, or do I need a special slim fit cooler for doing so?

Thanks fellas