SAU Community

oil in NA soarer ?

DJ_L3ThAL

what oil does an NA soarer use ? i use mobil 1 synthetic 5w-50 in my skyline but my g/fsa brother's soarer NA automatic neds some engine oil im gunna do the cahnge for him.. whats the best oil for his car and does anyone know what filter number it uses ?

im not loking forward to servicing my gfs soarer... have u seen where the oil filter is? how much room there is? not looking forward to it

oil filter bro, since when do u need a funnel to do the filter ? LOL

hmm narky, do u know what type of oil or filter they use ? if its hard to get to the filter ill just tell him what to do say its a 'learning curve' haha

it cant be that hard. use what evr his budget is for the oil look in that price range.... as for the filter any good car shop that sells oil filters should have the product number..

as for the coke bottle and hose? :confused: HAHAHAHA

nah man cmon u gotta get the right viscosities.... otherwise car just dun feel right... i find 5w-50 mobil 1 to be schmick in my car... no ticking on cold which shows the oil is getting right through the engine from square one and feels smooth whilst warm and running hard ;)

as for the filter ill go to ryco's site... hmm now where is nismor34's post with the ryco linkage...

u will b able to match a filter at repco, just use their oil filters

and use mobil 1...no point being tight on a car when u spend the money to buy it...such a major part of the car, spend the extra $20 and do it properley

u wouldnt run your car on standard pump fuel would u..and this the engine oil....

tell me there is a huge difference...ok....if the oil is made for your type of car and both do exactly the same thing i wouldnt bother spending an extra amount of money... thats all im saying :D

dodgy wtf.... :confused:....... :D

no pint gettin cheap stuff cos they r cheap 4 a reason, and youl end up changin it in a week cos its crap and do damage to ya car aswell as spenf more money in the end...do things right, all the time, and youl b better off :D

im not saying to buy cheap stuff.... magnatec is perfectly suited if not designed for turbo cars..... this costs around 28-35 dollars...blah blah blah im not going to go into the detalis of this oil but if there was another oil which cost 80 dollars and the description was exactly the same... i personally would buy the magnatec...its great that everyone looks after their cars (i look after mine too) but there is such a thing as over looking after if you catch my drift... :D

i'll be using the same as i use in mine... Shell Helix Ultra 5w-50 altho i was thinking of moving over to motoil or penzoil.

hey i agree akeenan. if you have a trusty brand with a viscosity range of your liking, then read the descriptions.

i'll drop my dacks and run to the city and back if anyone can prove that a good brand $40 10w50 oil is any different to a good brand $30 10w50 oil. Plus, you save $10... in a year that's enough for a bleed valve...

hey i agree akeenan

dude thankyou, now i dont look like such a tight arse.

i think sometimes companies try and sucker people in with the price of things....being tight and being ripped off for certain things even oil are 2 different things.

i will join you in that run to the city and back! ;)

ok nathan i just brought the latest HPI which so happens to be a Soarer/Supra edition which has servicing tips in it....

MOBIL 1 or any high quality synthetic oil

Filter just go to repco or something.