SAU Community

Connecting Ipod To Bose Stereo In '01 V35 300gt Sedan

I've just bought a 2001 Skyline V35 300GT Sedan. It's got the Bose stereo upgrade (complete with Sat-Nav, DVD ROM in glovebox and 6 Minidisc changer under the arm rest).

I want to connect my iPod to the stereo. Ideally, I don't want to go down the RF route. I'd much rather connect it to an Aux-in connection (if there is one). One of the options under the T.V. is called VCR. If I select this, the screen goes black. Could this be an external connection? If so, what do I need to connect my iPod to it? Where in the car would I find the ports? What cables would I need?

If this isn't possible, I have two options: RF or using a Tape adapter. Which would sound the best?

there is an aux input.. its located on the TV tuner which is under the LHS of the boot carpet

but unfortunately there's no simple RCA plugs, rather some jap plug

i'll wait for Chris Rogers to jump in and tell you more about how you can get it connected up, he has a nice way that displays things on the screen :down:

there is an aux input.. its located on the TV tuner which is under the LHS of the boot carpet

but unfortunately there's no simple RCA plugs, rather some jap plug

i'll wait for Chris Rogers to jump in and tell you more about how you can get it connected up, he has a nice way that displays things on the screen :D

I've found the TV Tuner. It was under the parcel shelf (I've got a sedan). The model number is TDV-3900M. I found a picture of it on some russian site:

41741815.jpg

The Aux connector appears to be at the top right in this picture, but the unit in my car already has a cable plugged into this connector. All the other cables are black, but this one is light grey. Any idea what it could be for, and where it goes?

show me what you have exactly. I can do it two ways. one uses the screen the other uses the radio. both are similar in cost. moe info fire me a PM.

search IPOD and my name and that will net the display based one. the other is a custom solution.

• 8 years later...