SAU Community

Circuit Club - Wakefield Park 25.04.08

Went down to wakefield park on friday, for another circuit club day...learnt some new things...i ended up taking lots of pictures as i was playing with quite low shutter speeds...only a few turned out how i wanted

anyway here they are:

2443522750_00e70324c0_o.jpg

2443430256_d8b08d9944_o.jpg

2443398000_76d5daeed3_o.jpg

2444524710_4ab75eaed9_o.jpg

2443515560_e8d8bc4d47_o.jpg

2442681703_19b3f906b2_o.jpg

2442657679_dfb420499d_o.jpg

2442654597_db273c55d0_o.jpg

2442651147_27654936c4_o.jpg

2443447822_00da4cdf54_o.jpg

2442622077_4800647a03_o.jpg

you can find around 450 pictures in my flickr link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/matthewmead/s...57604734198601/

also check out my website:

http://www.matthewmead.net

hope you like

Edited by matt mead

thanks mate,

Bel Garage evo was doing low 1:04s...most of the other evos where doing around the 1.06 mark

there have been some more changes to the track in the past few weeks...they have put new ripple strips in up the top of the hill, fishhook and onto the back stright...which i think slows down the track...as i use to use the ripple strips alot in the ae86 around there when they just resurfaced it...

I was there on Friday. I think an s14 lost a wheel after encountering one of the large ripple strips at the top of the hill. Matt might have some photos of the incident.

We were warned not to go over the ripple strips like people used to before the resurface.

Dani.

Breakmaster - I know that car. I'm mates with the old owner and have done a lot of work on it in the past. How are you finding it? And why did you get rid of the tints? (Other than the fact that you couldn't see through them)!

Breakmaster - I know that car. I'm mates with the old owner and have done a lot of work on it in the past. How are you finding it? And why did you get rid of the tints? (Other than the fact that you couldn't see through them)!

Hi!

Yes, I got rid of the heavy tint so that I wasnt a hazard to other motorists when I changed lanes! I just have standard tint on it now.

The car is great. Just a few problems with oil consumption which I am trying to work out.

The gearbox is fantastic - i think it has a quick shift kit installed. Much better than other standard skylines I have tried.

I have uprated the discs and pads which work really well at the track at the moment.

Dani.

Hi!

Yes, I got rid of the heavy tint so that I wasnt a hazard to other motorists when I changed lanes! I just have standard tint on it now.

The car is great. Just a few problems with oil consumption which I am trying to work out.

The gearbox is fantastic - i think it has a quick shift kit installed. Much better than other standard skylines I have tried.

I have uprated the discs and pads which work really well at the track at the moment.

Dani.

Dani, yes it has a Nismo short shifter in it - it does feel great to drive.

I do a fair few of the Circuit Club days as well, so I'm looking forward to seeing it again and seeing it out there on the track.

Next up should come some suspension work, then you'll really be able to push out some decent times. As for the oil consumption - I have no idea, it's been so long since I've seen the car now that I can't even remember if it was burning oil then or not.