SAU Community

Rb25 Or Rb26

wellzy

Hey guys

im thinking of putting either engine in (25 or 26) but im just thinking can 25 be just as good as a 26 in terms of HP because i know a 25 is a cheaper option but i am looking a going for big HP but i just wanna know what everyone thinks.

But i think that you need to spent more on a 25 to get it up to the standards of a 26... this is just my opinion

your opinions would be much appreciated :D

Thanks

Edited by wellzy

Is there anything wrong with your RB20 ?

Nah my RB20 is perfectly fine but i come to the realisation that it is limited with what can happen with an rb20

^^^^its an RB20. lol

when you say big power, what do you mean?

i lookin or hoping to tarket say 450 - 550HP i know that is heaps but this isnt going to be a daily street driver... its going to be my project :banana:

rb25 - far easier and cheaper

get some cams, powerfc, and a gt30 and you will hit around 400-450 rwhp

dont know if he can remember that far back but pm mr president man aka "gts-t vspec" aka paul who you will find in the WT most days about his old setup

from what ive read he had a rb25 with a gt30 and some go-fast bits that made 450ish rwhp...

i lookin or hoping to tarket say 450 - 550HP i know that is heaps but this isnt going to be a daily street driver... its going to be my project :banana:

There is a big difference between achieving 450hp ad 550hp. The RB26 has plenty of power upgrades and the option to use one or two turbo's, the expense and maintaince of the rb26 tends be higher than the RB25. 450 HP can be achieved with a stock RB26 with some high flowed turbos and a computer. The rb25 also provides many power upgrades using the single turbo, again supporting mods are required.

Don't forgot the RB20 with some members on the WA section exceeding 400hp on stock internals with turbo upgrades and running quick times.

Personally I'd stick with the rb20 and slap some boost and a TD06 onto her and see the power curve jump hahahah

Edited by monga

not to say that over 550hp is possible with a 25 block and head, but just ask paul how much work that is :banana:

(26 crank 2mm overbore big cams and TO4Z with 1.06 rear housing that came on boost by 4000 and full boosting by 5000 all the way to 8500 rpm....)

Do it right the first time, consider doing a full engine rebuild. So with that, a RB25 would be the cheaper option to go. The figures u're looking at is not hard to achieve with a 25. But the main question comes. What do you want to do with that power? Track? Drift? Drag? These do affect the way you setup your car in the end.

Prowl the forums, and you'll get plenty of ideas for what you want to do.

RB26

PowerFC

2530's

Injectors

Boost

Front mount

clutch

front diff in sump removed

exhaust

boost controller

450rwhp on stock internals (for a while).

build a motor and the sky's the limit.

By the time you do what Paul's done (RB25, 550+rwhp), all you're left with is an RB25 block. Doesn't make much of a difference 25/26 if thats the case...

RB26

PowerFC

2530's

Injectors

Boost

Front mount

clutch

front diff in sump removed

exhaust

boost controller

450rwhp on stock internals (for a while).

build a motor and the sky's the limit.

By the time you do what Paul's done (RB25, 550+rwhp), all you're left with is an RB25 block. Doesn't make much of a difference 25/26 if thats the case...

What he said. It works, and it works fkn well. Never said cheap but

Want cheap? NA RB30E + RB25 or 26 head. Simple & gives great results.

+1 :D even though mine isn't the cheapest of cheapest RB30 builds it's far from expensive.

I'm aiming for 400rwhp when the GT35R goes on, I think this is going to be the upper end of the drivability limits of my rwd 32 platform and with my setup I'm probably going to be struggling to keep it down that low for now! There is still headroom for a bit more power too :)

Personally I wouldn't waste money on the RB20 but, of course, I'm biased. The monster torque of the 30 makes for a very nice allround car, I mean I was following Tristan through the twisties on Friday in 4th gear up those hills.. the ol' RB20 wouldn't have liked that much..

Edited by bubba

Don't forgot the RB20 with some members on the WA section exceeding 400hp on stock internals with turbo upgrades and running quick times.

Personally I'd stick with the rb20 and slap some boost and a TD06 onto her and see the power curve jump hahahah

I'd do the same... using what you have and spending more on supporting mods to get your HP aim would more economical, but if money is no object, then get a 26 and do what Brockaz said :D

If you do however go with the rb20, get it looked at just to make sure it isn't going to die anytime soon, but even then, they can take a flogging and dont cost anywhere near as much to replace as an RB25/26 :)

Good luck :)