SAU Community

The Age Thread

Damo_R34

Ok I will chip in... I am 31. But a wise man once said you're only as old as the woman you feel.... shes 26!

My last squeeze was 24! ... the new GF is 33 ... damn, I just aged 9 years quickly :D

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I studied at Uni and worked hard for years building up capital. Now I earn a higher enough salary and have plenty of assets to finance anything I want ;) I've got a house, two RS4s, 4 motorcycles (MV Agusta, GSXR race bike, TLR1000, dirt bike) and I own the lot ... no loans ... totally debt free, no credit cards even. I'm now looking for my next house and all my salary is mine to spend. :thumbsup:

See young lads, hard work does pay off!

Thats why I take pride in my toys.

u may think you have it all but your 1 shy of being able to drive a different 1 every day of the week. i take it you dont get much time to use some of these vehicles.

Edited by gzilla

u may think you have it all but your 1 shy of being able to drive a different 1 every day of the week. i take it you dont get much time to use some of these vehicles.

No, you're wrong. I have plenty of time to play with my toys ... all of them. ;)

Got the dirt bike for weekends with the mates

Got the race bike for track days (1-2 per month)

Got the MV for general commuting and Friday night rides

Got the TLR for weekend rides in the hills

Got the S1 Stag for work commuting

Got the S2 Stag to share work commutes and weekend cruises ...

But yeah, I need one more vehicle ... :thumbsup:

... does the GF Liana count? :P

Edited by RubyRS4

i knew i raised ya right :-) besides the more you save the less you sponge of me ps dont forget the 10 bucks i lent ya

ralmao

Huh....are you and iLEC related Deano?

Dan, next time we catch up, remind me to give you a friendly slap...........actually, I might need a good accountant one day and you look like you might be able to add up better than my current accountant, so I take that slap back :laugh:

Got the dirt bike for weekends with the mates

Got the race bike for track days (1-2 per month)

Got the MV for general commuting and Friday night rides

Got the TLR for weekend rides in the hills

Got the S1 Stag for work commuting

Got the S2 Stag to share work commutes and weekend cruises ...

But yeah, I need one more vehicle ... :laugh:

I hear u can buy skateboards from Target for $30 ;P

-D

So for the youngins... how did you finance your car? Parents? Loan?

Mine waz paid for by loan. Couldnt bare seeing all these nice 'lines everywhere i went, so yeh went and got a loan and got the car that day,well got the key that day, picked the car up a week later. And its me being a dairy and frozen manager at a foodland store that pays the bills and for the car :laugh:

So for the youngins... how did you finance your car? Parents? Loan?

:P Its called work...... and watching what you spend.

When I left school from my part time job I had saved enough money to buy a R33, but brought a $2000 pintara so I could save money for something I wanted, just drove that for 4 years paid cash when I found the DR30 I wanted ... still drive the pintara 99% of the time though :laughing-smiley-014:

Being a well paid tradesman these days and not a povo apprentice, I could replace the DR30 with a 34 GT-R these days If I wanted, but would rather invest that money on a house and skyline #2 I have planned :(

Advice on loan;

If you finance a car, you end up paying alot more then the value of the car + by the time you have paid off the loan, the extra money you have paid on the loan you would of easily lost in the value of the car, then you add running/maintainance costs, so you just end up behind ... that was my parents advice :laugh:

O and living at home with your parents saves you loads of cash wasted on food/rent :laugh:

Edited by benny_blanco

O and living at home with your parents saves you loads of cash wasted on food/rent :laugh:

ill second that.

by the way, if you dont mind me asking, what did you pay for the dr?

defiantly one of my preferred lines.

$8700 :laugh: with 85,000kms on the clock, no rust, interior is like new with upgraded turbo / coilovers / exhuast..... the previous owner (who was friends with my brother) had it defected for height and it sat in his garage for 12 months ... So I managed to score a bargain, weeks after buying it I got offered $14,000 but choose not to sell :P

Before that all I could find were ones with high KMs, 1/2 the interior and rust, between $8-12,000 :laugh: and another one of my brothers mates sold his junker spec DR30 for $10,500.

and there is this nice one for around 20,000 >>Click<<

So I have no idea what one is worth Ted

All I know I right now I wouldnt even consider selling mine for under 20,000 Cos I would probally have to go to Japan to find one in this condition again :(

Edited by benny_blanco

whoa, awesome price. with mods too. bargain.

wasnt so sure about going from a 180 into something a bit older, but i think i could see myself making the sacrafice if its a dr.

just dont want to get into a 32/33 like everyone else. not that theres something bad about that, but they are common, i dont want to get another sr (s14/15etc)

Edited by ted180