SAU Community

The Age Thread

Damo_R34

zomg how can a DR30 be worth as much as an R32GTR, nicely modded R33 or R34GTT? I just don't get it - they are old cars with little going for them other than they are getting a bit old. Not classic old though - just old. The interiors are spew-worthy, and everything would be wearing out on them due to age. I just can't imagine anyone paying even half what that guy is asking. Each to their own though, and yours is a tidy example Glenn. I just don't understand the value, that's all.\

Put the street cred, mind-blowing performance & handling, modern(ish) styling and all over WOW factor of a $20k R32GTR next to a $20k DR30 and you don't even have a competition, in my opinion. Not even in the same league.

That said, I absolutely can't believe the morons paying up to $750k for original GTHOs and Monaros - it boggles the ming how someone would buy one for that price instead of a Lambo, Ferrari, etc plus heaps of change. Classic is classic, but WTF?

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah my ming boggles too

i think its a case of look how rich i am, i will buy a license plate for $250,000 or a car for a million dollars when it was $6,000 from brand new

zomg how can a DR30 be worth as much as an R32GTR, nicely modded R33 or R34GTT? I just don't get it - they are old cars with little going for them other than they are getting a bit old. Not classic old though - just old. The interiors are spew-worthy, and everything would be wearing out on them due to age. I just can't imagine anyone paying even half what that guy is asking. Each to their own though, and yours is a tidy example Glenn. I just don't understand the value, that's all.\

Put the street cred, mind-blowing performance & handling, modern(ish) styling and all over WOW factor of a $20k R32GTR next to a $20k DR30 and you don't even have a competition, in my opinion. Not even in the same league.

That said, I absolutely can't believe the morons paying up to $750k for original GTHOs and Monaros - it boggles the ming how someone would buy one for that price instead of a Lambo, Ferrari, etc plus heaps of change. Classic is classic, but WTF?

yeah, i do agree.

but to some people having a car that is a bit different to every other skyline out there is worth the money.

if i was going to spend 20k on a car i dont think i would buy a dr, considering 18k can get you a modified 32 gtr these days.

but in a world full of copy cats, its nice to be different.

also, while on the subject of car prices, anyone think this is worth 20k?

tradingpost ad

:)

Edited by ted180

glenn right now i wish i had a little smiley face holding a wooden spoon and sturring :P:)

i can understand a 10 grand price tho! fj20= bulletproofe and alot of fun!

43 more days untill i can take ya for a spin bud!

end thread whore

I get what you are saying Andrew, the 32 GT-R is better performance wise and all, but I cant even explain why they appeal to me, cos I hate R31 coupes :) I get insulted when people say "nice 31"

750,000 for a GTHO is silly, I would rather buy a house and KPGC10 GT-R then keep the change :P

and yes Mark, sounds like fun!............... and if by fun your mean dropping the clutch round the corner :)

Edited by benny_blanco

also, while on the subject of car prices, anyone think this is worth 20k?

tradingpost ad

;)

Nope. Where's the information on the car? How the f**k do you spend $50K on a car? Show us the quality leather interior and full race spec motor and 'bells and whistles' ECU.

The advertisement is lacking ... except for the 'scare me away' price! ;)

I hear u can buy skateboards from Target for $30 ;P

-D

Nah, its gotta have a motor! Gotta be fast enough for me to do something stupid with. ;)

I have been window shopping and been tempted to buy a DRZ motard tho ;) ... but the GF might kill me!

Nope. Where's the information on the car? How the f**k do you spend $50K on a car?

ask my bro how to spend 50k on a car, forged pistons, custom gearbox, moddified fuel pump in the back, regular broken diff's although i doubt that 180 has had the same treatment, cept maybe the regular broken diffs.

although i agree 20k is abit much i wouldnt knock the dr30 as it is quite unique and stands out alot more when surrounded by the collection of 32gtr's in the club. note jenkies lil sig pic

you cant really put a price on old cars though all just depends how rare and clean they are, hell im tempted on this 1

http://www.autotrader.com.au/iteminfo/adnu...subs_Used+Cars_

and compared to todays sports cars its pretty damn slow and my gf attacks me when i even mention the letter z :rofl:

yea i think the topic is turning into wasteland/old school sh*t :) although everyone probably has posted their age anyways

cant believe how many major youngens there are with skylines although i coulda got mine sooner im sure if i wasnt silly enough to study first :D not to worry good things come to those who wait, in some people's cases this seems to be collections of cars u greedy bastards. 1 day ill catch up

Edited by gzilla

• 4 weeks later...