SAU Community

R32 Gtr Oil Pressure

richie$$$rich

Hello Everyone ,

Need some help. On the Stock dash , What is the oil pressure ment to read on a R32 GTR. it goes 0 then a dash then 4 then a dash and 8.

-

-

Idle oil pressure i mean

Edited by richie$$$rich

i'm not sure for the idle oil presure, didnt you realise that after u've boost the car in high rpm for a while, the oil presure will goes to almost 0, when normal cruising is like 4 or 3.5.. anyone got idea bout it?

at operating temp. ie 80 degrees oil temp it should be on about 2 on the gauge when the engine is at idle (ie half way between 0 and 4). stock gauge is not very accurate though, so if oil pressure is a concern, buy an aftermarket gauge. when cold it will be more like 6 at idle.

I hear the oil sender unit can be unreliable

Try cleaning the wire contact on the oil sender unit if the readings vary.

Or try replacing oil pressure sender unit.

Hello Everyone ,

Need some help. On the Stock dash , What is the oil pressure ment to read on a R32 GTR. it goes 0 then a dash then 4 then a dash and 8.

-

-

Idle oil pressure i mean

I find that on Start Up the Oil Pressure can shoot up to the Dash just below 8.

Highway crusing can be around below 4 and just normal suburb and city driving, it can be just above 0.

Ok, if you want to do it properly the procedure is as attached.

Things to know:

The sender unit for the gauge is notoriously unreliable. A low reading is commonly attributed to a fkd sender. They aren't overly expensive, nor hard to fit.

The oil pressure you have is dependent on the viscosity of oil in the engine which in turn is dependent on the oil temperature. For some reason people equate oil pressure to wang size or something. A higher reading is not necessarilly better.

The guage measures pressure in kg/cm2.

oil.PDF