SAU Community

Tein Spanners

Guest Boxhead

Guest Boxhead

I ordered one of these spanners from autobarn(hey i have contacts so i dont pay retail) basically after my initial adjustment of my suspension i was thinking maybe i could send my spanner to a fitter and turner i know to get some more made up... if anyoen wants one, ive heard that 1 spanner does the lot as in its just one spanner for all models... so register your interest and i will see what i can do, also, if you can tell me how much you willing to spend to see at what i can do if there is quite a few of you...

Michael

[email protected]

• 2 weeks later...

YOu can buy after market C Spanners adjustable type from good tool shops such as Tool Works at Castle Hill 02 9894 6546 or Wholesale Suspension in Penrith from about $40 each and fit all coil overs.

On the topic of Tein though and prob a lot of other Jap made coil overs they are often too hard for Australian road and race tracks and for that matter even the smoother Japanese tracks. The Japs don't always get it right.

I have the Tein HA adjsutable shock and height Teins and found the rear of my Zed TT to be quite hard even on the softer settings, It over steered a lot and did not brake as well as should as well as got unsettlesd over bumps such as turn three down the hill at Eastern Creek. I took out one fo the front and one rear and sent of to Eibach, who only make the best springs in the world probably. Anyway they dyno tested the shocks and found them to be quite hard even on the softer setting especially the rear. The springs in rear were also too hard. Factory around 250 pounds and the Tein were 570 pounds. They changed to a twin spring, the heavier being a 440 pound spring with a Tender spring of prob 150 pounds. Bottom line 3 secs a lap faster and did a 148 with a passenger ( Akira) who also has hard Teins in his car. Much nicer for road cars also.

Guess what Skyline Teins have even heavierr springs,both GTR and GTS-T yet the cars are lighter so guess what, "Good is the Enemy of Better" If you have coil overs and think your skyline handles well it can be much better and if a zed passes you at the track then consider. he he.