SAU Community

Camera Mount

PranK

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I still get in on this order??? have cash ready to go and was hoping that I might be able to have one for the drift weekend... which is at oran park on 1st May. (this saturday).

I know that is a BIG ask... but I have been chasing Prank about this for ages... just never got around to looking in the group buy section... duh me!

Have sent you email.

Also,

Might be worth meeting at the drift day at oran park, gold coin donation to come and watch for the day and anyone that lends me their mount I'll take for a session (at my expense) if I can't get a mount made in time!

Dan.

BlahBoy, I'm interested in hearing more about this wireless camera. Where did you buy it, how much are they, and how does the connection work? I could really have some fun with such a cool piece of technology!

The camera I have is like this one, except that mine also has audio. I picked it up on the streets of Hong Kong for AUD $70. The mains plug pack for the receiver died though, but one of these is perfect for powering the receiver in-car, so I'll be picking up one of them.

This one is probably on either 900MHz or 1.2GHz, I'm not sure. But we found this to be an advantage once when some guys had a 2.4GHz wireless cam which they couldn't use because it was receiving interference from 802.11 wireless networking, which is also at 2.4GHz... so they borrowed my camera! Score one for this wireless camera...

This sort of stuff is always on eBay, however there are a few different variations. There is a smaller black plastic 'pinhole' camera, which is better for tight spaces or concealment, but the image quality is not as good. Some have audio, some don't - ones with audio seem to be rarer on eBay. Some are 2.4GHz cams. Wireless cams also come in different transmitting power levels, for greater range, but I have the lowest power (50mW iirc) and it's more than sufficient for my intended uses.

Anyway, it just sort of works. The frequency of the camera is fixed, and you tune the receiver into it. The image quality is really quite good. Decent value for $70.

Just letting people know, assembly of the camera mounts has begun. That's not as simple as it sounds, though, there's a fair amount of manual labour required... and I've got a pinch wound on my thumb to prove it! Anyway, every mount is done by me personally, by hand, so no two mounts are exactly the same! :D The people who put in their deposits or payments first will of course get theirs first.

For the people who said they definitely wanted one, but have not paid or put in a deposit, now would be a good time. Otherwise, I might be tempted not to offer the mounts at the group buy price anymore...

Blahboy, the camera you bought, was it similar to this one?

1082440228RC500A-208C.jpg

That's the one I got direct fromt he manufacturer up in China as a sample... the wireless sucks esp when you mount it in a car with all the electrical interference from the -12V running thru the shell of the car. However I use direct cable connections to my hub and it is awesome. The output of the hub is then directed to my Digital Video Cam and I can record cruises etc. I still ahven't trialled it out on a good day but it seems to be the business.

I think this is the reciever you got... not sure...

10646518501.jpg