SAU Community

Does PS2 skip in car?

Sime

Hi everyone.

I'm planning to hook up the playstation 2 in the car until I get around to buying a proper DVD player. Does anyone know if they skip while driving? If so, has anyone come up with any inventions to limit this.

Simon

my mates got one in his he put it in the glovebox..i didnt think it would fit but it did...he built like a box around the ps2 so it fit perfectly in the glovey he hasnt had any skipping problems with it so i guess if u install it so theres no movement i guess it should be ok?

cheers...

www.freewebs.com/2BNVS_r33

what are you guys doing about power supply? have you just bought an invertor? i think im going to have a problem with skipping thought, only because of the stereo, i have already lost a windscreen and people have gottne noes bleeds from it :S maybe its time to turn it down a little

Yeah, Dick Smith have them for about $90. You can plug any household appliance in them as far as I know.

JB HiFi have DVD players at the moment for $330. I decided to go for that option instead of the PS2. It also plays MP3s. I decided the extra $240 over the PS2 option was worth it. I can also plug a PS2 or a TV tuner into it if I wish.

that sounds like the go, at the moment i have a vcd stacker under the drivers seat, witht he alpine tv i have i am lucky it comes with a brain under the seat, wich has rca in and rca outs on it, so i can plug a ps2 and a dvd playing in no probs and i have rca outs aswell for another 2 screens, which is handy, next car show i am setting up a 80 cm tv at the stall with just the music from the car and the video clips playing on it

what sort of power supply are your running to your invertor? i have seen them with a ciggie lighter, but i think i might hard wire it in, and run a relay, maybe the trigger being the trigger wire from the amps, that should be easy enough to hook up

• 4 weeks later...

fit it in a mould or wood or whatever, and behind it put some 2inch foam to support it and wedge it in kinda

would help a bit but nothing else u can really do..

unless u wanna put some springs and make a ps2 suspension kit (:

• 2 weeks later...