SAU Community

hey there anyone driven the hks twin plate? just about to get one in my car my mechanic says they are pretty sweet to drive? cheers

Edited by donkey

hey there anyone driven the hks twin plate? just about to get one in my car my mechanic says they are pretty sweet to drive? cheers

I had one when I bought my car.

Unless you are planning to race and launch your car at 4000+rpm = pretty sweet.

If you plan on everyday driving, you will burn it out in about a year = clutch replacement (Single Plate preferbley).

If you plan on everyday driving, you will burn it out in about a year = clutch replacement (Single Plate preferbley).

hmmm well that sucks a bit, really more of a daily driver, a bit of quater mile launching, have about 350kwaw, i was hoping my mechanic would have maybe put something into suit but oh well, just have to live with it :P

Edited by donkey

hmmm well that sucks a bit, really more of a daily driver, a bit of quater mile launching, have about 350kwaw, i was hoping my mechanic would have maybe put something into suit but oh well, just have to live with it :P

I have no idea what prompted the other comments in this thread.

As I said I have a twin plate, sprung centre HKS clutch and other than it being a bit rattly it is fine.

You could give it to your Mum to drive.

You will notice the lighter flywheel if that is what you have chosen.

I have no idea what prompted the other comments in this thread.

As I said I have a twin plate, sprung centre HKS clutch and other than it being a bit rattly it is fine.

You could give it to your Mum to drive.

You will notice the lighter flywheel if that is what you have chosen.

oh, well that sounds good, yes have the lightweight fly too, hey thanks for ya help....robbie

If you want it to last long everyday driving, just don't ride the clutch. This wears them out easily and you might have to replace in a year. This is also why they can be a bit of a pig in the city. I got used to mine and was fine driving it and it lasted me ages. It's was still in good nik when i took it off with over a year driving on it.

If you want it to last long everyday driving, just don't ride the clutch. This wears them out easily and you might have to replace in a year. This is also why they can be a bit of a pig in the city. I got used to mine and was fine driving it and it lasted me ages. It's was still in good nik when i took it off with over a year driving on it.

Yeah sure. It was pig getting use to and It's either in or out.

but mine came with the car, so who knows how the previous owner drove it... LOL!

It was pretty much on its last legs. Put the stock GTR one back in and its a dream to drive.

Yeah No riding clutch.