SAU Community

Humidity, Humility And Ham Burgers

psi

I was talking to a pair of travelers during the week, one scotish and the other Canadian..

In a nut shell they made the following comments about us hot Qld ozzies..

'The babes are great..

none of you can drive!

its so stinking hot and sweltery with the humidity, that u can drink the air..

ur so laid back that u are to lazy to go to the fridge to get another beer, but take ur car park and its a battle to the death..

hamburgers dont have ham in them!

and what the hell is with none of u using indicators?'

After about 15min of trying to defend myself.. i had to agree!

So, the question beggs.. are they right?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, Australia has amongst the most atrocious drivers in the modern world but a bigger problem is, no-one ever thinks they could possibly be one of 'em........ :(

I do a lot of driving per working week, and i gotta say- A lot of (even 'mature') people seem to drive like they're doing it for the first time. No; If you have right of way, and you stop for me for no reason, that doesn't make you generous... It makes you an out and out fuckwit

Ithink they were trying to make the point about our culture of being so easy goin.. then get into a car and.. well, all heck brakes loose.

I noticed nobdoy comented on the girls!

I personally loved their way of stating our climate.. drinking air!

Well, why dont you go to the kitchen and get some food..

hey, while your there.. can you get me a beer!

Actually, can u get me 3 beers, that way i dont have to go later lol

Gonna have to agree with them!

My personal favourite is the people being in the right hand lane on the motorway thinking "oooooooh this is my exit !!" and whaddya know, they veer over 4 lanes of traffic to get where they need to be...blinker optional !!

Oh of course and yep Im great, being a babe and all :)

Edited by Snoop74

Driving in Queensland use to be ok, its a lot worse since all the southerners decided to move here. Yes its like driving in Sydney now every man for himself.

Well I have come down to Mackay from Darwin and try not to drive as much as I can during the day. People slow down in front of me when they see I have an import. My personal favourite is the psychic abilities I seem to be lacking when people turn, could make a nice wager about it "50 bucks they turn left".

Oh dear god... don't get me started. Karen and I just did a bit of a road trip over the weekend and we saw a huge amount of absolutely atrocious driving. We don't profess to be the greatest drivers in the world, but at least we put in some effort and we care about how our actions affect others. I suspect that the laid-back Aussie attitude also applies to their driving - "I'll just do this, and that person can just f-ing well get over it". Heaven forbid that somebody cuts THEM off though. It doesn't make the roads a friendly place to be.

well i am origionally from canada and have to say that most people cant drive here. most people indicate with the middle finger. and its even more noticeable when you add rain... just thank your lucky stars that here in australia we dont have snow on the ground for 4 months of the year,.... oh what a mess it would be.... however public transport would make 50 times as much as everyones cars would be at the panel beaters. We just need to adopt some of the car manufacturers standards on cars like "Driving Lights". You turn your car on and your driving lights are on automatically. its amazing how many people neglect to turn their headlights on when it starts to rain or its near dawn or dusk. sure you can see the car in front of you with his lights on, and dont need your headlights to illuminate it, but its your taillights that are the important thing. all the water sprayed up makes it harder to see anything infront of you. so what better to make yourself known to others then a few red lights on the back of your car... mind you the amount of people who actually neglect to check to see if these lights and brake lights are working in the first place.... well thats my rant... i do love this place but some people :P

I am from australia and most of the f**king drivers around here piss me the f**k off....so what does that say.

...It says you have even less patience with useless drivers than I do, and thats saying something! :P

lol just moved to brissy from melb, and I gotta agree with the driving... wtf... I know you guys are laid back, but hardly anyone speeds... or rather... hardly anyone goes at the speed limit... and they stay in the right lane... someone needs to put a whole bunch of "keep left unless overtaking" signs up on the freeways... sometimes when they sit next to each other on parallel lanes it looks like a rolling roadblock.