SAU Community

"natural" Guard Flaring!

Hey fellas,

I got a R33 GTS-T... I am only after a small flare on the back rims, but don't want to get the whole guard repainted... can you guys advise me on where to get my rear guards slightly flaired out (see attached).

Thanks.

athid-flare1.jpg

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PM Athid, 180athid is his username if I remember correctly. Very experienced with using the roller and does a good job, but I don't think he can promise no paint cracking. It will depend on how the car's paint is.

I think most panel beaters can do it, thats what I read somewhere anyway. Find a decent panel beater in Melbourne, and ask them. And have a look at other cars they have done and see if you like there work. Talk to the owners, and you'll soon know what sort of job they do.

Thanks fellas.... I spoke to a few people and i's just hard to get the guards to flare... wide body kit is the way to go, but I really don't want to repaint the quater panels again... bugger...

Has anyone done it here and got some pics??

kevin, head up to driftline they have the fender flaring tool at the shop. they do those types of fender flares at least once a week. depends how much you want to flare it though. if it involves stretching the metal too much then you have to paint it. either way, its best left to someone who is a panel beater to do as they know how to treat the panel before and after to prevent paint cracking, fading etc :cheers:

kevin, head up to driftline they have the fender flaring tool at the shop. they do those types of fender flares at least once a week. depends how much you want to flare it though. if it involves stretching the metal too much then you have to paint it. either way, its best left to someone who is a panel beater to do as they know how to treat the panel before and after to prevent paint cracking, fading etc :cheers:

my question is how much flaring is possible???

possible to fit 18 x 10's on the rear with the right offset...

i like it fat...please dont tell me i need gtr guards...??

my question is how much flaring is possible???

possible to fit 18 x 10's on the rear with the right offset...

i like it fat...please dont tell me i need gtr guards...??

18x10's will fit fine, depending on the offset and tyre size ofcourse, depending on what size tyres you chose you may be able to get away with just rolling the gaurd lip back, you wont have to "flare" the gaurds.

180athid rolled mine and i have 18 x 9.5 +30 ssr professors that stick out 10mm

could you please post some pics of the finished product?

i want a wider stance but dont really wanna get new rear panels, i love the look of the rolled guards but rarely see r33 with em.

thanks in advance

180athid rolled mine and i have 18 x 9.5 +30 ssr professors that stick out 10mm

If they stick out,you have the wrong offset. I have 10.5 wide on mine an the dont sit out the guard.

Looks nice though.

ssr1.jpg

ssr2.jpg

that's all i have atm...

Nice as man! Your ride is neat! One of the nicer R33's I've seen, look sooo good.. Love the paint, kit, rims... Great package mate!

Edited by Marco-R34GTT

kevin, head up to driftline they have the fender flaring tool at the shop. they do those types of fender flares at least once a week. depends how much you want to flare it though. if it involves stretching the metal too much then you have to paint it. either way, its best left to someone who is a panel beater to do as they know how to treat the panel before and after to prevent paint cracking, fading etc :(

Yeah, understood and agreed - I really want a panel beater that knows what he's doing to do this as I want to avoid re-painting as much as possible... sounds hat Driftline know there stuff... do you have contact details, mate?

Thanks.

ssr1.jpg

ssr2.jpg

that's all i have atm...

Mate, this is exactly what I want... just a little noticable flare at the rears... looks tough as... something subtle... not too massive, but noticable... I tried PM(ing) Athid, but he's not responding - does anyone have contact details?

Cheers,

Kevin

Mate, this is exactly what I want... just a little noticable flare at the rears... looks tough as... something subtle... not too massive, but noticable... I tried PM(ing) Athid, but he's not responding - does anyone have contact details?

Cheers,

Kevin

That is NOT flared, it is rolled. The exterior look of the guards have not changed.