SAU Community

"natural" Guard Flaring!

Bolt on wide body guards. Most people cut the standard guard out to get more clearance once the new guard is installed. There's no going back!

Any idea where to find em? Hard to find anything for sale in terms of a widebody R32 kit but i know some people have them! Something to make the guards look like that silver R32 would be awesome :)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea where to find em? Hard to find anything for sale in terms of a widebody R32 kit but i know some people have them! Something to make the guards look like that silver R32 would be awesome ;)

When I last looked, carmate sold those type of guards. Not too sure on how the quality will be like though. :)

Cracking only occurs when/if you don't heat the paint up enough/too much or are pulling/stretching the guard out too much. If you got the guards flared before the respray, there's nothing to worry about.

I wouldn't say that's "flaring". This is what I see flaring as...

rollerfendersME.jpg

Obviously flaring and some extra work done to it to make it look a little better.

DSC_0494.jpg

Flare people normally go for.

both very hot lookin cars.

what rims are they on the Green S14....i want them.

Any idea where to find em? Hard to find anything for sale in terms of a widebody R32 kit but i know some people have them! Something to make the guards look like that silver R32 would be awesome :thumbsup:

d-max make them. You can get them off race spec who is a sponsor here.

As for the silver gtst, i think it looks rubbish. They've obviously put some effort into blending it all in nicely and then stuck bumps everywhere on top. It's silly. I'd be inclined to either blend it all in properly and paint it, or go the honest look and trial fit, trim and paint the wide guards, then alloy pop rivet them straight onto the quarter. Obviously, it's my opinion only and every one has different tastes. As long as the guy who owns it likes what he has then thats all the matters

d-max make them. You can get them off race spec who is a sponsor here.

As for the silver gtst, i think it looks rubbish. They've obviously put some effort into blending it all in nicely and then stuck bumps everywhere on top. It's silly. I'd be inclined to either blend it all in properly and paint it, or go the honest look and trial fit, trim and paint the wide guards, then alloy pop rivet them straight onto the quarter. Obviously, it's my opinion only and every one has different tastes. As long as the guy who owns it likes what he has then thats all the matters

Is it this? http://racespec.com.au/product_info.php?cP...products_id=552 Not so crash hot about the front bar would go Vertex but would that kit be the widebody? or is it something from http://racespec.com.au/index.php?cPath=29_57_247 ?

Yeah i agree the bumps on it looks shit.. would look way better without it..

Thanks

You mean there are better wide front/rear guards then the D-max? Can never find any.. seems hard to find wide body kits for the R32.. Im planning on a vertex kit but if i get those wide guards from the link u just posted, would that make it look pretty much like that silver 32?

no, i meant there was a better pic of the blue r32 with all the d max bits on it :domokun: It's a rear 3/4 view.

I'd say that that car would have plus 20mm rear over fenders on it. If you want bigger there is always the blister kit, i think it's from uras, but the lines of the car are all f^&ked up with it.

^^ Yeah i thought that was flaring too.. that silver R32 what is done to that? just widebody kit on it isnt it?

check my epic build thread

I got viva fender skins... lol they're wavier than a sydney to hobart boat race and don't even line up with the body properly. we had to chop and reglass to get it looking somewhat decent and actually fit on the car. Seems to be a problem with a lot of wider guards... even genuine stuff from Japan.

but it's looking alright now.. should throw up some build pics soon.

I was selling an original BN Sports widebody kit last year that made your car wider by about a foot :) jetman on the forums should be sporting it on his car soon.

Hmmm so dont buy from viva coz they sell kits that dont even line up on the car? lol ill take that into account..

Any comments on the D-max from Racespec though? Whether it's gonna be the same or not?

Yeahhhh where could u get a BN sports widebody kit from? Can never seem to find em around!

like these ones?

WhiteTyres1.JPG

Meister S1 2 Piece - Excellent Condition, Approximately 80% Tread

18x9 +35

18x9 +38

$2700

http://www.j-imports.com.au/

the wheels on the green s14 are actually SSR SP1

work meisters are slightly different.

17SSR.jpg

^ adrenalin motor sports & dmd the image in QLD sell bn blister widebody kits for around $1800

Edited by whyte

the wheels on the green s14 are actually SSR SP1

work meisters are slightly different.

17SSR.jpg

^ adrenalin motor sports & dmd the image in QLD sell bn blister widebody kits for around $1800

i like the white work meisters better....would look good on my black 32 i reckon..

cheers for the info...now to save my pennies haha

i like the white work meisters better....would look good on my black 32 i reckon..

cheers for the info...now to save my pennies haha

Front are 18x9 -7 with 225-40 FK452s, Rear are 18x10 -0 with 235-40 FK452s.

post-32186-1210497226_thumb.jpg post-32186-1210497252_thumb.jpg

post-32186-1210497272_thumb.jpg post-32186-1210497293_thumb.jpg

Well, I got my guards slightly flare today for $120.00 (only the two back ones) - quite plesaed with the result... however, now I will have to get fatter tyres and spaced them out a bit.

Does anyone know of a good profile for 18 inch rims on a R33? Cheers.