SAU Community

Ricers Vs V8 At Ahg

R DIRTY 3

Hey guys just trying to guage the level of interest for an event that myself and my V8 driving mate have in mind.

We propose to have 12 cars and drivers on each team to compete at AHG skid pan timed event to see which car really is better.

To be an entrant you will need a car worthy of the challenge, a competition license, helmet , long sleeves etc etc.

You will be able to drive any road registered car (full race cars not permitted). It is not a drift event, it is a timed event so we would only want entrants who will be going for the fastest times.

We would like it to be a fun semi serious competition. I would imagine that cost per driver will be $80-90 and it will be an Afternoon event (12.30-4.30).

So, who would be interested? Let me know if you are interested, and you have competition license (with out a CAMS or AASA license you will not be able to enter...please keep that in mind). Post any questions you have and ill see what i can do to answr them. Keep in mind that at this moment it is in the very early stages of planning so no date is set yet...i need to know we can get the numbers before we can go much further with it. Please dont whore the thread to much.

Cheers

Brad

sounds like it'll be a fun day. i think you should get your mate to read the thread "Hsv owners track night"haha ...so he can admit to you before he and his mates have to suffer a day of embarrasment.

I'd be really keen. I wouldn't mind having a drive on the skid pan in the R34 before this day as I haven't taken it for a serious drive yet. Also it is in need of a tune, so not in the very near future. Brad, are you looking for people with more experience, or just anyone willing to give it a crack? I really want to get into this sort of competition as I've told you before, but as you know, my experience is limited atm. Still improving though :P

lol... also, hopefully I can afford to have an exhaust by then. My rims should be on, so should have plenty of grip, but its going to look a bit week with just a stock exhaust :P Need to order a dump and a cat and then have a chat to Kermit again :)

Ryan, its all in the name of fun so experience is not everything. Any one can enter. You wont get the experience if you dont get out there and try. What are you doing May 20 in the afternoon?? If you can get off work that day, PM me :P

haha, you guys talking about sabotaging my car, Im on your side! haha AHG would be more suitable to the awd vehicles (Evo's, STi's, GT-R's etc) but don't forget there are some quick v8's and drivers out there!

• 2 weeks later...

ohh yea!!! k so im the slowest in our class but i still jump at any chance for some ahg goodness

besides we cant have only v8s sliding everywhere