SAU Community

My Importing Journey

oh and for everyones reference - seaway customs suck with their communication skills.

yeh i will second that. they seem like good guys however it just feels i have to chase and chase them about

things that they should be doing anyway. "i'll call the cleaners and call you straight back" , that was yesterday

and i still havent had the call back...

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D I did try to warn you about kiwi and the hassles of shipping a car to brisbane when you live in sydney. they take fking forever and in the meantime treat your car like rubbish. and the mind boggling part is when you factor in the road freight portion that their subidy doesn't cover that makes them more expensive than using mitsui or NYK. so you pay more money, for a slower and more hazardous service. anyway, on the brightside I guess not too long now (hopefully!). :)

haha yeah, i got a quick response from them today. they checked the consignment and its due to arrive in syd for pickup on the 20/07/08 and my compliance shop can pick it up the next day.

still ridiculous, i mean its been 24 hours since seaway said they would "call me straight back", and they hadnt so i just called them

now and apparently he still hasn't received the paperwork, yet he hasn't chased it up??? i am now waiting for them to "call me

straight back" again....and OMG i don't believe it, i just got the call back....i'm told car will be delivered to compliance on monday.

fingers crossed i guess, it's only taken just under 3 weeks to get a car cleaned :blink:

no body believes the beer baron when he says kiwi and seaway couldn't organise a root in a brothel but they all become believers sooner or later. :blink:

anyway, don't stress on it too much. it's annoying, it's inconvenient, but at the end of the day it will all come out ok. :) just remember it for next time and go somewhere else.

PS, yes in sydney I use hobbs for cleaning. always. AAT is ok, but these days they are just too busy and take too long.

Kiwi Car carriers service is good over all when you consider the problems with other companies and the fact they are insured. Problems happen with all sea freighters, I am not giving Kiwi the big upps but I have had less problems with them compared to others and this is gaged over many years.

yah man mine was meant to be taken to compliance today but the tow company says they only got the request on friday

afternoon and didnt have time to fit it in today....so not til 2morrow now :P

PS, yes in sydney I use hobbs for cleaning. always. AAT is ok, but these days they are just too busy and take too long.

Hey Richard, where is Hobbs in Sydney? I can only find a VIC listing.

well, just saw my car yesterday and what can i say? extremely happy with the condition! oh and nothing got stolen haha.. i even got the original key & spare key!

luckily im going interstate for work the next 2 weeks so by the time i come back its out of compliance and ready for the road :)

Awesome news, I bet you're going to have trouble concentrating on work and you'll be constantly thinking of getting back to your new car!

I can't stop thinking of the date mine is due to arrive at the docks! :devil:

Hey Man, That is one good looking GT-R :) Congrats bro. Btw what took so long for the car is get into sydney? coz on the first page says that "Car will be leaving on the Magic Wind V21 from Japan on the 28th May. Current ETA to land in Sydney will be June 13th". So it took nearly 1 month to get here. thats abit long coz it usually takes 2-3 weeks to get to sydney. there was major delays i assume? :)

Check out Beer Baron's post 3 down from the top of this page. He explains the reasons.

Hey Man, That is one good looking GT-R ;) Congrats bro. Btw what took so long for the car is get into sydney? coz on the first page says that "Car will be leaving on the Magic Wind V21 from Japan on the 28th May. Current ETA to land in Sydney will be June 13th". So it took nearly 1 month to get here. thats abit long coz it usually takes 2-3 weeks to get to sydney. there was major delays i assume? :happy: