Rob77 Dyno Queen

N I B

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by rob77

I'll be going with a bosch 910, $200

Is that brand new or 2nd hand? How much does it flow ? (I'll be buggered if i can find the thread where someone listest the stock GTS-T + GTR vs the Bosch fuel pumps grrr).

bosch 044 pump is the only pump rated to 500hp at the rear tread's and i got this directly from bosch motor sport themselves dont wast your money or time fitting a lesser pump.The 044 is avaliable for around $325 at trade price.

Rob , i know you've used only top quality gear (and from the looks of it have got top quality results so far) and so the cost will be up there, but would you mind posting a ballpark figure for the cooler/turbo/wastegate package all up. If not, fine, i respect that :P

good luck with it all, can't wait to see how it goes when everything's been sorted and tuned.

$2650 on the trust cooler fitted. Should have gone with a local made core I think or got it off nengun would have been a lot cheaper. $1500 on buying the turob 2nd hand. $150 to machine the tips on the exhaust wheel (cos it was on a rotary and it let an apex seal go and damaged the turbine, this could also be why its taking so long to spool) and then balance the compressor wheel/exhaust wheel shaft and then $1500 drive in and out. This comprises of removing the old turbo, modifying the exhaust housing to bolt the turbosmart wastegate onto, the new 35mm ultra gate, bolting on the new turbo, braided oil line to suit the turbo, blocking the water line, new dump pipe to cat and wastegate line plumbed back into dump pipe. Plus there is probably a few incidentals in there as well. Next is the bosch fuel pump, this week more than likely as I dont think the stock pump is going to last long (not really driving the car hard at the moment as it takes too long to spool, plus its not really healthy running so rich when boost comes on), then 6 new sard 550cc injectors (might go 850cc overkill, just cos they cost the same as 550cc) and the wolf3d ecu. So there's another $3000 to be spent :D Give me a couple of months for the ecu+injectors... depends on the tax return, although water and land rates have just turned up, spoiling my modifying fun :mad:

Guest INASNT

nice work rob, mine will be up around that power to with the 3037!

U need 044 pump and some 550cc injectors, and pfc.

Whats the fuel mileage like driving around town not using boost. Thats the -ONLY- reason i could see for using a turbo that doesn't hit hard until 4,600rpm. By 4,600rpm a stock GTS-T turbo has already been in action for over 2.000rpm.

*shakes head*

Originally posted by benm

Whats the fuel mileage like driving around town not using boost. Thats the -ONLY- reason i could see for using a turbo that doesn't hit hard until 4,600rpm. By 4,600rpm a stock GTS-T turbo has already been in action for over 2.000rpm.  

*shakes head*

Have a look at my thread in forced induction, you'll see my dyno curves for AFR and boost. The car, once fitted, with a aftermarket ecu will fatten up the mid range hugely and should make the turbo spool quicker. You can see from about 4700rpm to 6200rpm I'm running an AFR of 11.0/10.9 thats hugely rich, plus the stock ecu is retarding the timing as well. Lets wait a few months till the fuel system is sorted and the ecu in and tuned and see what happens. For the power I wanted, and the engine being on stock internals, I had to find a turbo that would give me enough HP at a lowish boost and I think you will be hard pressed to find a aftermarket turbo that flows enough for a decent amount of HP without a bit of lag. I think the HPI r34 turbo is a ball bearing and that hits full boost around 4000rpm. I agree about the stock turbo being great for spool after driving my car around for the past few days, but the hit of power is amazing when it does spool :(