SAU Community

Removing The Rear Seat R33

Hey guys

i have tried looking, but i cant find any clear answers to how to remove the rear seat in R33 GTST

I need to re install stock springs for a RWC and i have done this in my GTR 32 but that did not require rear seat removal

Can someone PLEASE

tell me how to remove the rear seat/parcel shelf, so i can remove the rear shocks/springs

thanks heaps

Two bolts (one each side) at the bottom of the rear seat. Undo them, pull the seat (bottom half) up and it will dislodge from two tight plugs (may require a big jolt to pull them out). Pull that out of the way.

Two or three bolts holding the top half of the seat down the bottom where you have removed the other part of the seat. Undo them and pull it up out. Parcel shelf you carefully pull out (dont forget to unplug speakers). I dont think there is any bolts from memory just plugs that pop out.

Its very simple but just make sure you have un-done all bolts before trying to pop the plugs.

Two bolts (one each side) at the bottom of the rear seat. Undo them, pull the seat (bottom half) up and it will dislodge from two tight plugs (may require a big jolt to pull them out). Pull that out of the way.

Two or three bolts holding the top half of the seat down the bottom where you have removed the other part of the seat. Undo them and pull it up out. Parcel shelf you carefully pull out (dont forget to unplug speakers). I dont think there is any bolts from memory just plugs that pop out.

Its very simple but just make sure you have un-done all bolts before trying to pop the plugs.

the first two bolts,

are they accessed from the boot or "under" the seat in the back

the only reason i ask is i dont have the car here and i want to suss this out so on the w/e when i get it i know exactly what to do

cheers

hey mate,these pics shud pritty much explain it all for you. the 2nd picture with the 2 half circles is about where the other 2 bolts are that hold the rear part of the seat in.the bolts are easy to get out but the clips on the bottom half of the seat will probly get you! i find it alot easier to use a very long screw driver as a lever inbetween the seat and the floor.

Jack

post-38410-1209994361_thumb.jpg

post-38410-1209994453_thumb.jpg