SAU Community

Gtr V Lf-a

baron25

GTR v LF-A  

153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why does a ferrari V8 not sound like a bogan V8 then? it doesn't rev to 19000rpm like the F1 engines...

Because Ferrari V8's are flat plane (Like F1) and bogan V8's are cross plane. Although the M3 is a cross plane and I guess that is not really a bogan car ;)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, i am a bogan because the sound of a big cube 8 is bliss to me. Where the F430 at idle and and low speeds sounds like a 4AG Corolla with droney exhaust. With your boot in it the scream is good, but the sound will never compete with this..

And as much as i love the sound of an 8, the V10 or the Carrera GT and LFA is even better

• 2 weeks later...

should add the ultima gtr... sweet sweet ride.. I want one... >;p

I know more about it then the lfa... and the big thing.. ITS REAL...

where as the lfa is just your fantasy in the dark touching yourself.

Edited by gts-4 dreamer

lfa all the way.

top secret has discussed plans for a twin turbo v10.

putting out over 900hp.

they are soo much better than the new gtr....but then again the supra always was

:P

That Impala is sweeeet. I want to give a 2 door VP Valiant the same sort of treatment when I finally get some space.

Much as I am looking forward to how the LF-A comes out would have to take the GTR.

and really really cheap.

but yeah... ive owned a lexus and a nissan and i have to say lexus takes it for me... although i would want both of the cars above.

why are you guys making fun of hte sound of a ferrari F430 V8? it sounds f*kn mental! so much angrier, shrill yet more refined than the big block sound...i love it!

The F430 sounds pretty shit at idle and low revs.........I should know, I see them on a daily basis....The F355 on the other hand sounds sweet. Its just a shame it doesn't go like a F430......but nothing a pair of Garrets cant fix :bunny:

The standard 360 Modena is the best sounding Ferrari V8 i've heard (the CS sounds like an old 1100 with an aftermarket pipe :D)

still waiting to hear an F40 in real life... *sigh*

i personally think the Scuderia irl sounds so much nicer than a bog stock F430. chuck an aftermarket exhaust on teh F430 however and it sounds mental. i dont think any ferrari sound "shit" esp at high revs...or even when u start the car up and the throttle gets an automatic blip..so loud.

the F430 convertible sounds great when ur driving them too..top down tunnel runs..gives me chills just thinking about it.

LF-A = 9:30 average around the Nurburgring

I realise enduro cars are set up differently to time attack cars so its running slower than it can, but 2 mins is a pretty big deficit.

I was waiting for someone to say this. There's one major problem with your critisism here scathing - the the GT-R did the 7.29 on the Nordschleife which is 20.8 km's long. It also did this on an empty racetrack.

The LF-A did it on the 24 track which includes both the GP track and the Nordschleife making it 25.9km's long (so just over 5kms longer) and did it on a track with 200 other cars.

So you're not comparing apples with apples at all.

On the V8 discussion, the V8s in the current Audi RS4/R8 and the Aston Martin V8 Vantage both sound amazing. Don't even get me started on the aggressive note coming from V8 AMG's these days.

I much prefer their growl to the more high strung Ferrari V8 scream.

Ferrari should make a new small displacement, high revving turbo V8 car... Would go like a shower of sh*t with modern turbochargers and ECU's...

However, I couldn't choose between the LFA and the GTR, both are awesome in their own way...

430 and 355 ftw...

4.4liter, twin turbo ferrari with E-diff and improved 430/599 gearbox/suspension set up..

Stripped and rigid body like the F40 for minimal weight and awesome handling... *wub*