SAU Community

runaway in prague?

inark

:D the z comercial that got banned? LAME... i just watched it and its seriously not that bad... if i had the webspace id put it up.

Banned ??? What bullshit!! It was kinda fun, but then again i do that everyday in my altenative life as a stunt car driver (me wishes).

Couple of my friends actually went to Prague and have been down those very streets where they shot the commercial. Said its nothing like that 'cause the traffic is too backed up most of the time :D

It does make me wonder a bit though, they show all these middle-age old men driving their SS commodore and some bullshit going on about "feeling free" or something and them zooming around all these roads. When realistic you go 3km/hr over the speedlimit these days you get booked - its just not possible to enjoy a fast car anymore.

As realistic portrayal of these ads, they should show them getting flashed by 50 unmarked revenue raisers, sitting there stuck in melbourne traffic in melbourne's ****ed up road network, pulled over by a cop and taking his license away for going those 3km/hr over the speed limit, and then sticking a canary on his car because he modified the exhaust slightly . Don't think it would sell for some reason.....

I don''t se what the big deal is...

It has a disclaimer at the end of the ad. (and note they disabled all the safety features)... any one going to disable the safety features will most probably know how to drive (or that assuming too much?).

Nissan actually sent it too me on one of those little CD's (you know, the ones that are 1/2 the size of a normal CD)...

It can be found on the nissan site here... if they have to take this off the net... I'll host it from home!!! :D

http://www.nissan.com.au/the_run_index.asp

Go on... bann it from the net... I 'physical challenge' you! :D

Guest INASNT

Banned??

Outside the Qantas club entrance at sydney airport there is a 350Z parked on display with a plasma tv behind it showing the clip over and over again for the general public to see.

I dont think they would be able to show it on Aus TV as there is an industry code of practice preventing ads with dangerous driving.

But i dont think this was ever meant to be a tv ad (way too long for a start, and too narrow a target). Its just viral marketing, like the movies BMW just made - gazillions of ppl on the internet are meant to talk about it and hype it up, download it, watch it, and subconciously take it all in.

Like we are right now :D

yeah, the BMW ones are soooooooo much better than the piss poor 350Z one. I downloaded it a few months back, wasn't worth the 100 whatever mb, specially being in telstra gayble :D

1, didn't look fast, 2, engine didn't sound meaty enough, should have had some mikes under the bonnet or something :( 3. the "i nearly got the back end" out bit was so hardcore :D

/me goes watches M5 with Madonna :D

/starts humming Blur's, Song 2 :D

Guest RedLineGTR

the 350Z one was pretty poor but nice in some ways...but eh...i dont think they should ban it just bull$hit

mmm... i saw it once.

was a VERY good ad i thought.

but then that's why they banned the SS from going around in the AC/DC thunder add... now you only get to 'hear' it.

dunno what's worse.. seeing it doing dough nuts or hearing it?

not as if people are stoopid