SAU Community

Some Shit Talker Youd Love To Hit

This guy says he has a Mx5 1.6L running 2 T4s, and his running 10.9 sec quarter mile can someone please confirm with me that his talking a load of f*kN shit, his got nothing to show but a picture of one small looking turbo and one Hks air pod attched to it. He doesnt even have 2 air pods. he recons the other turbo is mounted underneith the other turbo "who the f**k mounts a turbo directley underneith the other one lol but then also where the f**k is the other air pod, and he doesnt even bring up that he has any other mods other then a intercooler the engine looks pretty standard other then the turbo. Ive stopped talking to him and asked him to bring the car to me untill then i dont belive him, since then he made excuses and said yeh he will bring it , but then stopped talking about it since. LOL , how fast is the fastest Mx5 anyway let alone a 1.6l version. Ive already talked to mates at a few tuning garages and they also confirmed his talking ALOT of shit, his one of those guys that talks it up and thinks people would belive him.

Edited by GTRAAH

The only logical way to make a mx5 go fast is to put a 12a in it .. Mazda rotary mounts and direct drop. Honestly why would anyone bother turboing a n/a or twin turboing a single turbo?

Simple ask him what speed he ran if its under 116 which is like a 12.5 then hes full of shit

Edited by DECIM8

i will post up the pictures soon, just need my usb cable. which i will be getting back of my mate. But the point is a 1.6L cannot run 2 T4z there isnt enough exhaust to get them in boost. correct?

well you could have two very small t4'z (its only a flange) but even still its unlikely to do much on a 1.6. as said, get pics up

is it still a 1.6 or motor swap maybe? there are a couple of rotors running around....

Edited by VB-

learnt to drive in a 1.8 mx5.

sweet little car to drive. to date is still the best handling car i have driven stock. its pretty zippy too. but not powerful.

as for the twin turbo setup. seems like a f**kwit. have a look in the interior. look for some form of engine management..

erm google the bullet mx5 conversion

thats a serious car!

weapon of a car, but hardly an MX5, its a full custom chassis with a fibreglass shell that looks like an MX5. have you seen the first prototype they did? the 13B one? that looks like a bit of fun too

post-32201-1210596550_thumb.jpgpost-32201-1210596580_thumb.jpgpost-1812-1124278746.jpgpost-32201-1210596640_thumb.jpg

here are the pics it is a plain 1.6l Mx5 no conversion what so ever, AROUND 3 TUNING PLACES I TALKED TO IN SYDNEY SAID THEY WOULD NOT DO IT IT IS NOT POSSIBLE.

post-32201-1210596611_thumb.jpg