SAU Community

Some Shit Talker Youd Love To Hit

Nope,not my cup of tea.

I drink Coffee.

If you like corner carving, you're missing out. MX5s are absolutely amazing to drive as long as you don't want to go stupendously fast in a straight line (or up a hill).

As for the douchefag with the "twin turbo MX5", most four-stroke 4 bangers don't have enough exhaust pulses to spool up a pair-in-a-series turbos, unless you use tiny turbos, or want to have a really narrow powerband. At which point, you'd be better off with a big single.

Aside from the 2JZ-GTE I can't see anyone bothering to put two same-sized turbos in a series configuration.

If he was running twin sequential turbos of differing sizes (like on the old Liberty B4 and FD RX-7s) it'd be different.

mx5 = 1 seriously wicked handling little roadster...go for a ride in one and see for yourself...you will wear the dolmio grin icon4.gif

haha lol

as for the guy not cool.

as for the car there pretty fun to drive. quite . . . zippy lol

there pretty gay really nice for a chick ot a male hairdresser or something lol

the 10 sec one, are u thinking of the pink one? that ones in sydney

scathing, very rarely will you ever see turbs in series, i've only ever seen it once or twice, what your referring to is sequential, its a differt thing

For the record of people dissing the mx5 it is the best handling road car ive ever driven, basically handles like a go kart. You wack a rotary in it 12a or similar turbo charged and youve got a 700kg bullet wack some coilovers on and hit the mountains you'll piss your pants and kill any honda.

this thread reminds me of this guy... from here in melbourne i think. bought a R33 to my old town and had the same sticker set off the R34 in 2f2f.... the went on to say that he bought the car from the movie and its just been tuned by panasonic for 390rwkw.... and they chuked in the latest deck because of how famous the car is...... i couldnt be bother arguing with him.... just pulled mine out of the garage....... the subject changed to the girls this greese ball was after.....

i think i can even remember his name..................... can belive i spoke to him long enough to ask for it........

Maybe he means it does 0-100kmh in 10.9secs now?? haha

I've been in one of the new MX-5's and yeah awesome handling, similar to the RX-8's only smaller, but totally guttless in the engine comartment. We gave a mate in a v6 VN commadore a run and got beaten!....

Edited by Scottydoo

is it possible he was talking about a 1.6L twin turbo rotary?

//edit my gf has a pink MX5, it suits her to a T. great car to drive, good for around town, but not fast, oh no.

hey mate,

they only make 10a (1.0L) 12a(1.2L) 13b(1.3) and 20b(2.0L)

never made a 1.6