SAU Community

Rb20 Engine Build

hay all just have a few question,firstly its an rb20 and for the build i so far have r33gtr cams,crank shaft and conrods. to fit the crank and rods the engine needs to be machined?for clearances?also can get some rb26 pistons for cheap,or would i be better of getting some forgies although i am on kind of a tight buget?also what kind of displacement would this take the rb20 to +do for it torque wise?

thanks all in advance

Mate, rebuilds cost money.If you are on a tight budget just put in another standard RB20 or 25 or 26.

Is your motor dead?

Why are you rebuilding the motor?

more power,yes i am on a tight buget but have a brother that owns an engine reco workshop ie can do all the engine machining block blue printing ect.......for free and have a friend thats a good machanic that is gonna pull down the engine with me and put it all back together.+have alot of the parts for it already.

You can either get Tomei 2.4L pistons which i think are 82 or 83mm or you can try some custom cosworth etc pistons. The head gasket will msot likely be Tomei as well to suit the new bore.

Do a search for RB24, you should be able to get plenty of good infto. Particulary from Legend01 who built a nice 3000rwkws example

what about rb26 r34 pistons there pretty much brand new my brother has one and has put an hks 2.8l kit into it and said he'd give me the stock ones?whats the difference in the size of the pistons bettween rb20 and rb26 ones?

BORE 8MM!!!

even if u didnt make it through to the water jackets the bore would buckle under compression let alone boost

budget and performance dont come hand in hand im affraid

may I ask what your budget is?

Edited by BANGN

Legend01 who built a nice 3000rwkws example

I believe it needed to rev to 37560rpm.

had 3 T51 SPL turbo's

It was a little laggy like most RB20's....

but once he got the revs up to 35400rpm, it was all smiles..

are my figures correct Roy?

thanks for all the input,was just asking about the pistons gtr didn know the difference in size(bore).buget don't really have one just don't want to go stuiped.as i have just purchased a 2way and coilovers and in the process of buying a turbo 2530 maybe 2535 or 40 considering the build,thoughts?