SAU Community

Help With Price For Rebuild Kit For Rb25

hi i got a rb25 and i need to rebuild it so should i go forged or standed im looking to get about 260kw but i have how much would i be looking at for the parts or should i just get a front cut or somthing els i was looking at a 98 model rb25 engine but i did not no if the wirering of my series1 thanks o and one more thing i hypergear worth looking at i was thinking going with them for my new turbo aswell

Punctuation is your friend :domokun:

If you are only aiming for 260 at the rears then just go out and buy a second hand motor. Stock internals will handle that power.

But obviously you will need all the supporting mods:

Power FC(or similar)

555cc injectors(or similar)

Bigger fuel pump

Intercooler

Highflowed turbo (or similar aftermarket turbo)

That will all come to about 5-6k (excluding labour)

pistons - $1400

rods (GTR) $150 (i forget ARP rod bolt prices, maybe $150 also)

Depending on what else is busted, like how bad the failure was etc will depend on other costs (like if the crank is stuffed and needs replacing)

Also depends what you want done at the same time like oil restrictors, what bearings you choose, head tidy up, head gasket etc etc -

You'd also do the turbo at the same time so manifold gaskets, new manifold studs (almost a required item IMO) and any other hoses that might be perishing etc etc

So could be as much as another 3-5k. Then $1k - 1.2k for motor in/out and so on, its really something thats hard to tell

I wouldnt use a hypergear turbo on a built motor though, its like building a drag car and putting 225 street tyres on it, does the motor no justice.

Put a nice GT3076 on it or something with some great midrange and top end.

pistons - $1400

rods (GTR) $150 (i forget ARP rod bolt prices, maybe $150 also)

Depending on what else is busted, like how bad the failure was etc will depend on other costs (like if the crank is stuffed and needs replacing)

Also depends what you want done at the same time like oil restrictors, what bearings you choose, head tidy up, head gasket etc etc -

You'd also do the turbo at the same time so manifold gaskets, new manifold studs (almost a required item IMO) and any other hoses that might be perishing etc etc

So could be as much as another 3-5k. Then $1k - 1.2k for motor in/out and so on, its really something thats hard to tell

I wouldnt use a hypergear turbo on a built motor though, its like building a drag car and putting 225 street tyres on it, does the motor no justice.

Put a nice GT3076 on it or something with some great midrange and top end.

ok no worrys thanks for that like im still not to shour if the motor is gone it going to be looked at again i had a compression test done and it was all over the place but the place i took it to did not no whta it would be im hoping its just a head gasket but idont think that would cause to car not to start

Punctuation is your friend :domokun:

If you are only aiming for 260 at the rears then just go out and buy a second hand motor. Stock internals will handle that power.

But obviously you will need all the supporting mods:

Power FC(or similar)

555cc injectors(or similar)

Bigger fuel pump

Intercooler

Highflowed turbo (or similar aftermarket turbo)

That will all come to about 5-6k (excluding labour)

thanks mate let me no if u hear anyhting about some engines thank u